Sign in to follow this  
Misti J

Help: Cutter not responding

I just moved and set up my cutter again the exact same way, but  now it's giving me the error:

can not open the output device. Error initializing cutter.

How do i fix this? Everything appears to be the same way as before.

Please help.. I have 6 orders pending!!!!

Guest sciondrgn

Verify that your Com Port set on the cutter matches the speed on your computer.. Ie, 9600 in the cutter menu and 9200 on the port.. I have had my pcut if left off for a while or unplugged revert back to 19200 and my port on the computer remain the 9600

as soon as i hit send... i remembered to check the settings and my port had changed to something else. I am printing away.  Thanks so much for taking time out to help me.

Have a great night!

Misti

Quote Krazy

Sorry, I had to buy a replacement Dell Precision 530 and take my hard drive out of mine and put it in the replacement. My system board went out in mine.

So all my software is there and working. I'm having trouble replacing the card with my nvidia quadro4 card but that's another story which, I'm assuming, is the graphic problem I'm having with my SignBlazer software.

Anyway, I've tried comm1 and usb and nothing works. I've tried reinstalling the software and different ports. I heard it could be my cable but that makes no sense since the usb will not work, either.

If you had a problem with the PC and use a hard disk with operatiing system in a new not exactly the same PC you need to install windows again in my humble opinion.

If the PC does not have not exact the same specs it might not correctly detect the hardware like usb ports and so on as they are already checked up.

If you have changed changed USB cable to a different port you have to match the port numbers.

The portnumbers do not follow automaticly the cable swap inside the plotter progrma like SBE.

Paco

I forgot to mention that my old Dell got hit by lightning. That's what zapped the system board. I can use EVERYTHING that was installed on my old one just by swapping the hard drive. I also need to swap my graphics card. Even my sound card worked by just swapping. No reinstall needed on ANYTHING. All my programs work and all my peripherals. I bought an identical box just for that purpose.

My cutter's power is on and all the lights work. Yesterday, while trying to cut, I saw the cut head move slightly. I think my cutter may have gotten zapped. :thumbsup: Is there a circuit board I could buy and replace or will I have to buy a new cutter? I need to know because I'm still making out the list for the insurance company. I'm finding new things all the time. It took 4 days to realize it got our ice maker in our new fridge. :thumbsup:

Lightning could be the cause the cutter does not work.

There are boards for sale at US cutter direct page.

Paco

I was afraid of that. I think it's the I/O board since everything on the cutter works except communication with the computer. Do you agree?

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

RutTuh,

Have you tried running a test cut from the Cutter to see if that works?  If you suspect the IO board, what happens when you connect the cutter your computer via USB?  Does the comp show that it has detected new hardware?  Also, try to connecting with the Serial cable.  Just make sure that you are selecting COM1 Communication Port when sending a cut. 

Let us know if that works.

Even though the readme file said pcut, it's a USCUTTER MH721. I should have posted there. The cutter comes on and will test cut and all the lights and controls work. I tried the comm port and usb both.