Sign in to follow this  
TheMommyEnrourage

Am I really ready??

I have just launched my own speciality boutique business and have been dying to get into vinyl lettering as a part of my business but I don't have the work space or need for something huge. I do not plan on doing anything to a car unless its driving it!! As of now I want to put sayings and such on wood/glass/tile/banners and anything else that stands still. I am very excited to go to town on the graphics software! I have wanted to get the LP24 but after spending days reading all your posts now I am second guessing myself on the machine I should purchase. I am lucky to have a Mr. Know it/Do it all husband who is more than willing to make a stand for the application tape and maching itself. Can anyone just say 'this is what you absolutely need!' That would be great and also I want to know if I can purchase a great deal of white vinyl only. I look and only can find pack of multi colored, which is fine but I need white more than anything else. Thanks, you seem to be the most helpful people on any forum anywhere!

personally, i would get a refine mh-721........i have one and has been very good to me. For vinyl, I would get the 5 pack starter pack and a 50 yard roll of white.  Just my opinion.

I use the most white & black vinyl.  50 yards is truely the way to go!

If your heart is set on doing this, you will do GREAT!!!!

PS. Welcome to the forum!

I have the MH721 and absolutely love it. I definitely use WAY more black and white than I do anything else. I use it for the exact thing you were talking about. I do a lot of indoor and boutique vinyl. It's a lot of fun. It takes some time to learn, but after you do it's really easy. While you wait to get your machine, go out and download a million fonts. It'll be worth it. There's also some new colors by oracal that are great for indoors- olive green, celedon etc.

If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Welcome to the forum - 50 yrds the way to go and go for the oracal (from experience) - and from what I have read stay away from the BGS