American And Proud

My First 6 Decals

Well here they are BGS vinyl , I bought the 24" 12 color starter pach that are 3 yrd rolls.

The USC clear tape seems to SUCK as the vinyl just wants to stay stuck to the paper backing. ;D

Hints on peeling and getting all the Tiny pieces to come off so they can be applied?

Made these in SBE, grabbed them off the forum here (thanks to whomever posted them) Grabbed a few thgings for some practice, most I think I said Thankyou in the thread they were posted in.

The Eagles are 8"x8" and Marilyn is 4.5"x6".

< Wants a local PAID Tutor for the software ! LOL  ;D

(Not kidding about that.)

I "Mirrored" one of the Eagle Heads so when I apply them on my vans side windows they both will be facing the same way.

Thanks to all for the help so far, I got ALOT to learn. ;)

Here they are:

First-6-Decals-Web.jpg

Eagle-Head-Tear-Drop-Left-W.jpg

Audry-Marilyn-Decals-Web.jpg

Thanks Jen.  ;)

Been a little frustrating but I'm Slowly makin progress.

I bought some Foam Core Boards that are 20"x30" at the dollar store, planning on makin a bunch of Decals applying to both sides and carry around in my van and have something to show in general conversation and make some Mock business signs with them as well.

Try and let them sell themselves, or Push for a sale when needed. lol

Like in the old days when Salesmen carried Mini Products to show and sell taking orders.

Guest manwayvan

Great Job! How do you like the Vinyl? I have never tried it but have thought about it a few times..Also Just ask away this place is great about helping fellow cutters out. Keep up the great work

as the vinyl just wants to stay stuck to the paper backing. ;)

Great work!

You may want to try to adjust your cutting depth. It sounds like your cutting a little bit deep. I had that same problem when I started cutting.

It's not the vinyl or the app tape most likely.

azdecals

Nice weeding. Those would be difficult to weed at smaller sizes but I like to keep my graphics bigger too if they're complicated.

Nice job! (I'm guessing you're a Republican) hehe.

Looks good.

Just a FYI I bought the same vinyl when I first got my cutter. I have found that the vinyl doesnt stick to app tape is the problem with the app tape. Not that the app tape is bad. I bought some better vinyl and the app tape works fine. make sure you have it squeged down real well. then flip it over and pull the backing paper off almost flat backwards. If that makes sence

have fun

Tom

agree with above, its mostly the vinyl.... that and the clear app tape, right before i apply I squeegee the heck out of it, its like it doesn't hold as good over time, just press hard before you peel the paper back and it should be better.  That BGS vinyl didn't impress me at all, works good for practice but I wouldn't put it on a vehicle.  good job though

Thanks everyone,

I did make the ladies kinda small wanting to see just how much detail it would cut.

Weeding was a PITA in my semi dark badly lit compter/now cutting room. :)

The light boxes I bought on ebay are AWSOME for seeing whats actually cut.

My eyes have thanked me for buying them after weeding in the dark . lol

Thanks again and i'll keep adjust cutter and speed to dial the cutter in . :)

Nice work! :)

Weeding tip: Go to the surplus store and get some of those pointy double ended dental tools (usually $1.99), I find that the curved ones work the best.

RG

post-4721-12986544229791_thumb.jpg

post-4721-12986544241154_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the Tip.

Already had some and bought a few more at the local Ace Hardware, they have a bin full of them at the register for a $1.00 each I think they were.

Got a really Nice pair of Tweezers that was in the bin the Pointed ends are curved and sharply pointed, I'd have grabbed several of those but it was the last pair. :)