mailman

Hello from Ohio

I have been a woodworker and primative sign maker  for 25 years , mostly as a hobby. I am 54 years old. I have not purchased a machine yet, it seems this would be good place to get that advice. I would like to use as a stencil cutter mostly, so I can personalize a sign or furniture piece, also can I use a software such as corel draw to do the graphics and lettering design. Thanks, Mark

Guest kenya

Welcome from Florida Mark.

Yes, you can use Corel. But if you purchase a cutter that comes with Signblazer, you can use that to design & cut.  It will get you started, without needing to buy another software right away.

You are right around the corner, small world, how long have you been doing this? Mark

Just started up a month ago but ive been doing design since high school (saw a really bad banner one day and though - hell I could out do that so here I am).

Received my machine last week, first cut yesterday, went to art school back in the day ,1974, no computers, all hand lettering and illustration. company went out of business. I have been with the Post Office for close to 27 years. I thought this would be a good supplement for retirement. Both of my kids are in the fire service  my daughter is an EMT,my son is a paramedic/ firefighter, thought I would start out doing something for them, they make me proud.  Makes me feel good to be creative again. Mark

I have been a woodworker and primative sign maker  for 25 years , mostly as a hobby. I am 54 years old. I have not purchased a machine yet, it seems this would be good place to get that advice. I would like to use as a stencil cutter mostly, so I can personalize a sign or furniture piece, also can I use a software such as corel draw to do the graphics and lettering design. Thanks, Mark

Welcome Mark........

US CUTTER can fix you up.......I have a MH-721 that works its butt off 5 days a week...One small problem at the start........and then Ken took care of that ....

Its been a good workhorse for almost a year now........getting ready to purchase

another one soon..........cuts better than my OM-60 that cost much more......

Very good ......and Coreldraw and signblazer will get you started....... then think Flexi...later