Sign in to follow this  
gg

long cuts (12ft or longer)

has anyone cut letters 12ft or longer w/out vinyl sliding out of the pinch rollers?

have Copam 2500, when 1st got tried cutting 8 ft long letters from roll (scroll) and vinyl was siding,found better to cut off needed amount of vinyl then feed as a sheet been working fine. Now I have an order for 12" high letter x 12 ft long using 24" material, when test feeding can't keep it straight.

its a 20" x 12'-6' blue vinyl bkgd w/ letters reverse weed to be white (prefinished white aluminum) for the recored I didn't design it this way.. I would have Painted panel blue and cut white letters so I could manage my cut length :-)

any suggustions would be appreciated

thanks

gg

I don't come from a vinyl cutting background, so I could be doing something the hard way, but to keep things lined up, when I put a roll of material in, I pull it out the front of the machine several feet, enough to go back down and touch the roll. I pull it tight and line it up with the roll. I move the roll to make it line up. When the match perfectly, I clamp the pinch rollers down. Then I let it measure. I find that this keeps the tracking pretty darn good. I haven't done 12 feet yet, but I have done 8 or 9 feet several times and it's worked well.

Hope that makes sense or helps. Maybe someone else has a better method of lining it all up correctly.

thanks CES, yes I've been doing mine the way you describe also and working well 8ft and below, this extra 4ft is dealing me a fit, I was going yo cut this for another sign shop, I found someone else to cut it, not worth the hassle, 12ft is alot of material to feed and keep straight. I know the wider models of the Copam have a middle roller, would be good if 24" model had one also, I think that would help

I think you can buy another pinch roller off the website. Might be worth looking into.

I have a 30 inch cutter with 4 pinch rollers. Still have tracking problems with long cuts. It's all in how you line it up.