stickyicky612

how to make one single layers

ok this is going to be hard to explain but here i go im useing CS3  . ok  heres a picture of a gun  with a hand and i think theres two layers  white and black how would i just make that one whole color  with out  them being layers .  i attach an epsto see what im talking about.  any help would be nice thanks in advance

handgun.eps

handgun.eps

in your program you need to click combine object....

ok i cant find the combine object can you direct me to that  so if i combine is that going to be one whole  image  will it  cut the parts that is white  since theres a layer in the back ?

ok this is going to be hard to explain but here i go im useing CS3  . ok  heres a picture of a gun  with a hand and i think theres two layers  white and black how would i just make that one whole color  with out  them being layers .  i attach an epsto see what im talking about.  any help would be nice thanks in advance

what cutting software are you using??

Using Illo3 you need to "Ungroup" the graphic first. After it is ungrouped, select all pieces. While selected, go to your pathfinder palette and click "subtract from shape area". This will essentially "knock-out" the white areas making them "transparent". Once this is done, make sure the graphic still looks like you want it to, select all again and click "add to shape area". This last step just basically ensures you have a proper outline around all parts of the graphic. With the file you supplied...I would start with the white and black rings inside the barrel of the gun, if you try to do the entire graphic in one shot, that area will probably black out.

Forgot to mention...after you click "Subtract from shape area" you need to click the "expand" button in the palette as well for the action to take place. Do the same after you "add to shape area".

in your program you need to click combine object....

im use  ill CS3 

Using Illo3 you need to "Ungroup" the graphic first. After it is ungrouped, select all pieces. While selected, go to your pathfinder palette and click "subtract from shape area". This will essentially "knock-out" the white areas making them "transparent". Once this is done, make sure the graphic still looks like you want it to, select all again and click "add to shape area". This last step just basically ensures you have a proper outline around all parts of the graphic. With the file you supplied...I would start with the white and black rings inside the barrel of the gun, if you try to do the entire graphic in one shot, that area will probably black out.

hey JG i ungroup it and it seem  to do nothing  it say to group it is that correct or  is there a missing step