lueman

How do you create a mud splatter effect???

Hi all, I've got an interesting problem I what to create a graphic that has a splatter effect something like mud on a jeep. I want to be able to add it to various graphics like lettering or an Icon. I use Corel, AI or inkscape. Please replies only, no question I want to know what You would do. Thanks to all in advance.

You could start out by making a few different sized circles...

Arrange them to where they are all touching...

Weld them all together...

Node edit to get the desired looked...

Thanks bannerjohn It's a start.  I was thinking more in the line of a sideways  splash.  Anyone know how to recreate it in corel?? I thought of using a contour but that would be too regular, and single dots besides being a weeding nightmare are too uniform.

some of the best ones I have found have been photoshop brush sets you can download for free.  Just google free photoshop brushes and find some splatter ones.  Might not be helpful unless you have photoshop, but if you do you can just do a high quality splatter and they are easy to vectorize then in inkscape or corel using auto trace.  Maybe corel has something similar to brushes you can find. 

I get alot of request for blood splatter type looks having hunting being my niche part of the business, but a splat is a splat is a splat if you ask me, you might just do a google image search for blood splatters, you can find some good ones that way as well and just vectorize them.