Sign in to follow this  
DelmarvaOffroad

MH 721 and Sign Blazer. Something wont work

I just purchased the MH 721 plotter.  I got both SignBlazer and Flexi.  Flexi for someone reason will not load on either of my computers (1 is Vista and the other is XP).  I got SignBlazer loaded but when I go to cut a decal it sends it to an offline printer.  It is like the computer is not registering that the plotter is plugged in?  When I went though the install it said it was installing driver though.

Anyone have a similar problem?

I just purchased the MH 721 plotter.  I got both SignBlazer and Flexi.  Flexi for someone reason will not load on either of my computers (1 is Vista and the other is XP).  I got SignBlazer loaded but when I go to cut a decal it sends it to an offline printer.  It is like the computer is not registering that the plotter is plugged in?   When I went though the install it said it was installing driver though.

what is Flexi doing when you try to install it...  it is very ez to install..  there are different areas on the disc that need installed, the Flexi and the drivers.

Did you try turning off all the COM ports except COM1, and plugging the usb cable into there?

It almost sounds like you are clicking on the "print" button, versus the "cut" button.

It was a USB problem, got it solved.  Thanks!

I just purchased the MH 721 plotter.  I got both SignBlazer and Flexi.  Flexi for someone reason will not load on either of my computers (1 is Vista and the other is XP).  I got SignBlazer loaded but when I go to cut a decal it sends it to an offline printer.  It is like the computer is not registering that the plotter is plugged in?   When I went though the install it said it was installing driver though.

what is Flexi doing when you try to install it...  it is very ez to install..  there are different areas on the disc that need installed, the Flexi and the drivers.

The CD did absolutely nothing when inserted in the computers.  Bad disc.

did you attempt to manually install when auto-run didn't work?

I've had that happen before too. Sometimes, If I leave the disc in and re-boot the computer with the disc in, it will recognize it. Sometimes not. If it came with your cutter, I suggest you contact USC and ask for another disc. Especially if you paid extra for Flexi.

First things first ...

Goto The Device Manager (right click my computer and hit manage, then expand the section marked device manager or goto control panel, click System in xp and in Vista goto "Hardware & Sound" then you should see and icon for Device manager)

Anyway once there review the list of hardware and look for a ports entry, if you find it expand it and look for a USB Serial Port.... If not also look for an other device or unknown device...

Tell me what do you see?

If it is an unknown or other device try right clicking and selecting properties then under the driver tab hit update driver and allow windows to auto search for the driver. This may take over 5 minutes but be patient and it will auto install the driver... If not I can immediatley provide you a driver via the US Cutter website (support.uscutter.com)..

If it is installed properly and you see the USB Serial Port device under ports then we just need to configure your cutting software properly.

Keep me in the looop letz get you 100%

I think he solved the usb problem. The problem now is the fact that his Flexi Disc seems to be bad.

We have had a few different reports about Flexi discs lately... It is difficult for us to help because we don't make the discs and really it is a SAI/The new distributors problem... However I think maybe I could burn some copies of the the disc and either post the burned image or just mail the disc to those with the issue....

We have had a few different reports about Flexi discs lately... It is difficult for us to help because we don't make the discs and really it is a SAI/The new distributors problem... However I think maybe I could burn some copies of the the disc and either post the burned image or just mail the disc to those with the issue....

good idea..but both are illegal, without permission from SAI

Thanks for that key information John... Very astute! You can't use the software without a dongle and a key. The software is not usable otherwise.

Thanks for that key information John... Very astute! You can't use the software without a dongle and a key. The software is not usable otherwise.

doesn't matter. Still a violation of copyright laws.

GEEZ , you guys ... Get a room  ;)