Sign in to follow this  
fragged8

Prod pro is crap ...

HI

I understand im a novice but i've been fighting SG prod pro for weeks and wasted more vinyl than i can count, the latest strange thing it is doing now..

I have a graphic with about 8 colours and I selected 5 of them to be cut together, sent to cutter and GODAMNIT the bloody thing cut everything in the graphic..

thats the last straw, prod pro really pisses me off. I may be wrong but I feel it is a piece of S++T .

It gets uninstalled today and im going back to the old version which isn't that great but at least is does the same thing twice unlike prod pro ...

Perhaps the programmers would release a version that works next time and extend my licence to make up for the weeks of wasted time and vinyl.........

regards

Richard

Did you create ticket at signcut support for all problems you encountered?

Paco

Wow... I am surprised to learn of your issues with SignCut Pro... I have had extremely good results with it, as of late, I would like to offer any help that you need... If you gave me background on your setup, Operating System, Type of Cutter, and so fourth, I could probably get you running...

hiya

I rang the tech support and issued a ticket or two but they were really no help, I've had so many issues it's not funny and have given up on it.

I've put the old version back in now as prod pro was just wasting time and vinyl..

as i said before I'm no expert at all but i do know computers and prod pro was kicking my ass every time i started it up it did something different. I must have had 10+ different problems with it.

my set up is below

Give me a call… 1-888-298-8143 x7113

I WILL GET YOUR SIGNCUT WORKING!

be sure and post back when you do,and what you did.

I bought the regular signcut 3 yr subscription., then signcut pro comes out, some guy posts in here that if you demo it, they will upgrade your regular  subscription to the pro. Never happened. Sent numerous emails etc. Then the thing started messing up bad, and it shut down, because it was a DEMO. Tried to uninstall, it crashed. couldn't get it out enough to reinstall the regular version. Not happy about it now. I'll go back to SB for now.

I totally agree it never does the same thing twice. I spent hours getting my contour cut set up so it was dead on. Came back the next day, and it cuts my Nicely printed image in half, it was off like 4cm.

Kevin

I got SignCut with my cutter a bit over 2 years ago . Used it solely with Inkscape until USCutter started offering SignBlazer . I think SignCut has several things that no other software has ( weedlines anywhere you want & making anything botched up cutting or installing ) & was very happy with it . I used it & SignBlazer since then .

I had some problems & contacted SignCut several times , but never got any responses . I still have almost a year worth of SignCut left & it is affordable thru USCutter . Brandon is offering help & giving tech service like SignCut used to do . I would get Brandon to help before you give up  :thumbsup: .

I had problems too and then Signcut server went down.

No one responded at Signut.

I complained and then KIMON came to rescue in this thread.

He monitored this thread for a while again but I think he lost his interest again or what ever happend.

I hope for you guys if the TICKETS to Signcut are not handled well maybe Brandon can ask to chime in for you.

Although tickets are working we as viewers do not see any answers or solution to the problems you guys have.

If SC works it should work well and if you have a subscription keep bugging them until the problems are solved.

Paco

Kimon is great & goes well above & beyond the call of duty  :( . I don't do this a my main business & run out of talent computer wise VERY easily . I will contact SignCut when I have time & have the mental energy to fuss with it . SIgnBlazer is so easy , it has spoiled me . I really wish I had SignCut up & running when doing some decals. SignCut's weeding options & being able to remake whatever got ruined weeding/applying is 2nd to none as far as I have found .

KImon is great when he is here,which he isn't lately. I see it's been 2 months since he logged on. I have a feeling that he lost interest in teh forums when USC stopped selling Signcut, or offering it. I just hope Brandon can fill his big shoes.

Whow,

inst there something called after sales?

Paco

Yes , but to be fair ... I can understand SignCut not monitering other forums like this 1 ( especially since SignCut is not the main supplied software anymore ) . I don't understand not getting any responses after using their own contact sources . I'm going to give that another try when I feel like dealing with it . I like a design & cut software ,  but having SignCut to do certain projects is a valuable tool .

It is nice to have Brandon to help get the siftware set up, but knowing how to use the software and all of it's features is something else altogether. Hopefully, someone with knowledge in this area will step forward from time to time, as Jay has with SignBlazer/

Unfortunately these forums are for user to user assistance and a contact method for US cutters customers to provide feedback to US cutters.

We support our software for dealers and users all over the world but posting a question on an online forum is not the best or most efficient way to receive support.

We monitor 8-10 different forums but do not have the staff to assign specific team members to read each and every post on all off these forums. The best method of contact is by using our support system from our webpage or by emailing support@sc-x2.com more contact details available here http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,20945.0.html

As far as your Rhetorical question, nothing has changed although we have reorganized or development structure and have added some new staff to work on marketing and web development and we have increased our presence in the market place. Reading 8-10 user forums and trying to find specific questions that apply to SignCut is cost prohibitive and inefficient. As far as our support system yes we had two incidences where the support system was down for 24 hours, once because of a server move and once because of a hardware issue.

As far as song and dance, the fact is this forum is a US Cutters forum and while we love to represent our software we can not be expected to monitor every post and provide the customer support function for US cutters. When available we try to participate and posting in these forums is great for  users but is inefficient as a support system.

The support staff at US Cutters has alternate contact numbers for me and for the CEO in Sweden, I have posted my personal email address numerous times on this forum and have also repeatably indicated the best avenue for support is contacting us. Of course the two days the system was down the regular contact methods for customers was unavailable but those issues have ling since been solved and redundancy has been added to prevent this from being a problem in the future.

While I am happy to have our techs, either in Sweden, China, or the US help with the forums their main function it to man our support system, and assist users and dealers.

We are not perfect and cannot find every post on the web about our software but I trust you will find no other Sign software in the industry that is as responsive and accessible to both our users and dealers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year.

What?

What does that have to do with anything, Just before Jerry died US cutters stopped bundling SignCut, during that time there was little or no activity in the SignCut area of this forum.

We have always been available via email, chat and telephone to US Cutters staff and also have had an ongoing presence on the internet with our support system and website.

Again, we are available to all of our customers at anytime through our web site or through email support@sc-x2.com

I was responding to this statement:

"you will find no other Sign software in the industry that is as responsive and accessible to both our users and dealers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 365 days a year."

I have never seen anyone more dedicated to helping people with cutting software,and have known him to stay up all night writing a driver for just one person. And not just HIS software, but he was more than willing to help people with other software besides SB when he could. The man lived and breathed cutting software.

I will grant you one thing..Flexi, even as expensive as it is..SA doesn't offer the support that you do..and they expect you to spend $200 or so for a DVD to learn Flexi

Good point John, but just so you know Kimon and the SignCutPro Crew have really demonstrated a serious responsiveness to issues brought fourth by my crew and US Cutter customers when properly addressed to their support system. However I too would like to see them come full circle and work with more of our clients directly on the US Cutter forum (the occasional advice or announcement). I think that it would be a major boost to our clientele here on the forum and help to eliminate SignCutPro problems and misunderstandings, similar to the one that started this thread.

For the record I think SignCutPro is a great product...

-It supports the most complete list of cutters

-It is updated and bugs are corrected

-It organizes and provides the most comprehensive cutter controls of any software ever

-I can't find cutter software with a more willing to help/responsive support crew

I don't want to sound like a salesman, these are in fact my true feelings. SignCutPro coupled with Corel, Adobe, or Inkscape can't be beat by any full cutting suite... My humble opinion.