clockman

Hello and help!

Hello all,

I am to receive my cutter tomorrow.  I purchased on a whim as I was in need of a sign for my shop.  I found I could buy this machine and the materials to make my sign for less than it would cost to have a sign made and then I could use the machine for......?

I am now trying to make a clock dial.  I drew one out in my CAD program, TurboCad by IMSI, but it appears that I can not import it into Sign Blazer.  Now I am trying to draw it using Sign Blazer.  My problem is that if I draw a circle I end up with a black circle and anything I try to draw on the inside of that circle just disappears.  Is there a way to get the program to draw a 'cut line' so that I can see what I am doing?

Thanks in advance for any help.  I look forward to playing with the machine and showing off my work. 

David

here is how I would do it.

First circle in one color,maybe yellow. Another circle another color,slightly smaller.Place smaller circle inside larger and center.

Select both and make the same color,it should cut both,leaving you with what you want when you remove the smaller circle.

David,

I use TurboCad as well, all you need to do is save the file as a "DXF" and then import that to SB.

Welcome to the forums

I received my cutter and have been playing with the pen on paper with some success.  My problem now is how do I get the weld function to work?  I have not been able to 'weld' the individual elements of this clock dial together.

Thanks again,

David

I received my cutter and have been playing with the pen on paper with some success.  My problem now is how do I get the weld function to work?  I have not been able to 'weld' the individual elements of this clock dial together.

Thanks again,

David

This question might get answered sooner if you post it in the SignBlazer category...

:angry: