snowinyet

Font not same as trial

I am new to sign blazer and am hoping you can help me with the fonts. I only have a few fonts on my program. The trial version has more fonts than I do. I went to my control panel and selected fonts to try and update my font list, but that did not work. How can I get this to work to add more fonts ?

The SignBlazer fonts don't get installed into the windows font directory. They are installed in a sub-directory of the SignBlazer directory. When SignBlazer needs a font it loads the font dynamically from this directory. The main advantage of this is that it bypasses a limitation of the number of fonts you can install reliably in windows.

Do the fonts appear in SignBlazer?

You can install the SignBlazer fonts so that they appear in other programs but they wont be that usable as their names will be the SBF file name and not their equivalent font names.

I think they just need to be copied to the c:windowfonts directory if you want to do that.

Ok, let me re-explain. I only have a hand full of fonts in my sign blazer program. When I did the trial there were hundreds, I have about 50. I want more fonts / my word program has more fonts than my sign blazer program. How can I add fonts to sign blazer ?

every time signblazer loads,it SHOULD load every font that is in your windows font directory. If it is in your word program it should be in signblazer. But this is important...it SB won't show fonts that you load until you re-launch signblazer.

If it isn't loading the fonts,there is a problem with Signblazer.

SignBlazer supports only True Type fonts. I think the additional fonts that you see in Word are probably Open Type fonts. We don't support these fonts yet but we are intending to do so. If you open your windows font directory you can see the ones that are true type and the ones that are open type.