Sign in to follow this  
Karl

p-cut630 & flexi-starter/ double cutting line

Am using older Mac G450 with a NEC usb card & the PCUT630 USB  & FlexiCut8 Starter

1. Using Keyspan driver with the built in USB connection in the P-cut, set up and tested driver P630.

2. Set up and tested on a

this did help a lot, cut the file 6 lines of text, but then stopped before the last line.

what is packet size, what does that do?

why would it stop cutting in mid job?

why doesnt the cutter act like a printer and just do what we want?  :thumbsup:

the following  thanks to ' speeddoggy '

enter some text on your layout screen like you are going to cut it,, click file.. click cut/plot ,,your production manager comes up then you have your CUT/PLOT layout screen... at the top left of your CUT/PLOT layout screen,, under where it says what type of cutter you are connected to is   ..   PROPERTIES,,, click on it... another screen opens that says  Default Job Properties  there are 3  pictures,, if you run your mouse over them,  they say,  layout,  workflow  and cut,,,which looks like a cutter blade.. click on the CUT, the screen changes..   look for PACKET SIZE,  make sure it is checked,  and the box beside it,,  whatever is there,erase and  change to 1000 .  below is  Curve Quality ,,make sure it says  Medium  click APPLY and OK,,,

...now again for the first part,,,,just open Flexi starter to the main screen,,,at top left is EDIT,,CLICK IT  drop box opens,, clear at the very bottom is Preferences....click it  . it will give you a different screen that says Preferences.  the Tabs at the top read,  GENERAL,  FILE PATHS,  FONT, TOOLS....  CLICK TOOLS,, go to different page,  make sure the box is unchecked, for CONNECT TO LOCAL PRODUCTION MANAGER USING  TCP/IP   CLICK OK,,  this all I know to help ya out on this....hope something works..

this did help a lot, cut the file 6 lines of text, but then stopped before the last line.

what is packet size, what does that do?

why would it stop cutting in mid job?

why doesnt the cutter act like a printer and just do what we want?  :thumbsup:

the following  thanks to ' speeddoggy '

enter some text on your layout screen like you are going to cut it,, click file.. click cut/plot ,,your production manager comes up then you have your CUT/PLOT layout screen... at the top left of your CUT/PLOT layout screen,, under where it says what type of cutter you are connected to is   ..   PROPERTIES,,, click on it... another screen opens that says  Default Job Properties  there are 3  pictures,, if you run your mouse over them,  they say,  layout,  workflow  and cut,,,which looks like a cutter blade.. click on the CUT, the screen changes..   look for PACKET SIZE,  make sure it is checked,  and the box beside it,,  whatever is there,erase and  change to 1000 .  below is  Curve Quality ,,make sure it says  Medium  click APPLY and OK,,,

...now again for the first part,,,,just open Flexi starter to the main screen,,,at top left is EDIT,,CLICK IT  drop box opens,, clear at the very bottom is Preferences....click it  . it will give you a different screen that says Preferences.  the Tabs at the top read,  GENERAL,  FILE PATHS,  FONT, TOOLS....  CLICK TOOLS,, go to different page,  make sure the box is unchecked, for CONNECT TO LOCAL PRODUCTION MANAGER USING  TCP/IP   CLICK OK,,  this all I know to help ya out on this....hope something works..

packet size... is like how much data it can recieve at one time...  and when you are running it at medium level it requires less data to make the lines perfect.  Best way I can explain it,  These machines and Flexistarter only have a given amount of memory to them and you are  LOADING it to the max that it does not have time to comprehend so much...

Now I have some better questions 

1. the pcut630 built in usb is 1, if I use the serial port with a usb 2 cable to the usb 2 card  : is it worth the extra cost?

2. if pcut and flexi starter don't have the memory to cut 35 letters at one time, why are they being sold?

3. is it possible to add ram to the cutter,

4. would allocating more to the software help?

thanks in advance for input

:-  Ok, the double line cut was operator error   Some how I managed to create a duplicate of the entire job directly below the original. Back to shcool! Not being familiar enough with Flexistarter // what ever.

So I cut that same file again, this time everything cuts EXECPT  3 numbers and one half an "H"  / more or less in the middle of the graphic.

I am presuming that there is no actual help manual for flexiStarter, or is there?

I am also thinking that every little setting may be having more impact on the output than one might think.

Is there a list somewhere -for Starter- of each and every changeable input dialog box?

:)  Keep Moving Forward, & Never Quit.  (no matter how frustrating it may seem)

Ok, the double line cut was operator error   Not being familiar enough with Flexistarter & cross-file with Illustrator.

So I cut that same file again, this time everything cuts EXECPT  3 numbers and one half an "H"  / more or less in the middle of the graphic.

I am presuming that there is no actual help manual for flexiStarter, or is there?

I am also thinking that every little setting may be having more impact on the output than one might think.

Is there a list somewhere -for Starter- of each and every changeable input dialog box?

;D

1. The only Help for Starter that I find is the Flexi "pro" = be careful to see what is relevant to Starter and what is only part of Pro. But most questions can be answered with diligent searching. (I mean other than fellow cutters helpful input)

2. The double cut is from "outline" & "convert to outline"  = study the programs you use, every detail will make a difference some where.

3. The missing cut is from the P-cut 630 having TWO holes in the holder that will accept a tool = the cutting head was not on the cutting strip & lacked correct pressure . The one in front is not aligned over the cutting strip, But the one in back is over the cutting strip, but is a very tight fit. A poor design, ? is there a way to fix it? the adjuster screw must be taken nearly out to allow tool insertion, and still must force in. Why are there two? The tool fits in the front easily and must be forced into the slot that it Needs to be in.?!

4. Thinking about modifying cover to allow full size bic makers to be used to Plot (using stubby markers now). Has anyone already done this? is there any problems as a result?

5. is there any way to upgrade RAM in the cutter & if so would that help?

;D