eddieb378

Cleaning a surface

Guest Schramm

I did get the fact that he removed the vinyl with a heat gun, but I thought that he was asking after I gave a solution how to remove the residue.  If I am correct "removing the residue" was the question right?  That is why I dont think I was being rude but since I dont want to hurt feelings - "I AM SORRY".

I am just use to people starting there own thread if they have a question but if they dont at least read what is already posted as whether you take the vinyl off with a scraper or a heat gun the answer was still there for all to see how to remove the residue.  I took my answer as being helpful but I guess we need to just keep this going...  Once again sorry for hurting feelings and being rude, but honestly the RED meant nothing.

" Roger.....Denatured alcohol is my go to for removing adhesive as well as car waxes and stuff before I apply, that or the citrus goo gone works well too.  Denatured alcohol is alot more aggressive than rubbing alcohol. "

ThanksTLZim , I'll give that a try . I know the rubbing alcohol would have me breaking out the 80 grit sandpaper before I got the residue from the  2' X 2' decal off . I don't know what type or kind of vinyl , but it is a prism type & has an orange film that comes off then a silver base that stays with the adhesive  ( 1/4" engine turn maybe ) . The hardest stuff I have had to get off ( on my own truck ) .

Thanks also Ace , I have tried the Goo Gone & it doesn't do much on this stuff .

I normally don't much problems with residue , but this particular vinyl makes a hard mess to remove . I bought a truck from a municipality & it had some reflective vinyl on it & after 2 rubber wheels , MUCH elbow grease & everything I could buy that said glue removal , I did sand it off  .

Thanks again for everybody who read what I asked & gave advice  :thumbsup:

Hell, most of the time i either use alcohol or app fluid to clean the surface with a basic paper towel. Been doing it for 4 years now

Why do I see ants crawling around in a figure 8 under some members names?

HI Marie ,

:)  I seen that on another forum & did a search.. It is hilarious isn't it . How is Yankee doing ?

Thanks for the responses & advice  :)

Rodger, every time I read a post that you have started or commented on I have caught myself brushing away that damned "nat" :D. And I keep calling myself a friggin idiot for doing so.

It is funny . I had the doors open 1 night & a real bug landed on the moniter & started chasing the animated BUG . I squashed it , but wished i had waited & watched the chase a bit . Poor bug , most likely had romantic intentions & got squashed for it ... I hope the karma does not come back to me on that 1  ;)

sorry for being lazy but im not about to read 3 pgs full of responses. so ill just tell yall what i use to remove

is use simple green. $16 bucks a gall for consintrated. i only add a little water. love that stuff. i also use shop paper towels.. on glass and nice vehicles

i will use simple green and if theres still a little res. ill go over it with a clay bar