Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Delta/Northwest - whatever they are now

Just got back in from the vacation to Hawaii and couldn't believe the day.  first Budget couldn't find in their system where we had prepaid for the car so had to pay again.  second went to terminal to check in and Northwest had rescheduled us on Delta and they couldn't find where that was prepaid - after 2 hrs they sent us to the gate to wait for the tickets to be cleared and was stopped by a security guard that would not let us talk to the counter until right before we were finally allowed to depart- whew.  Now when we got to LA they said our tickets had been cancelled - but was able to reinstate them on a full plane in about 30 min. - plane was late getting into LA so they rushed us on and off to Detroit to wait for the puddle jumper to Kalamazoo . Finally got to Kazoo tonight and they have lost all 5 bags and do not show where they were ever scanned in at all today. to top it off we forgot to take the cash out of 1 suitcase and carry it.

We booked this trip thru American Express in November and have had 1-3 changes in flights a week since then with several dropped flights during the 7+ months - what a way to end it!!!!!

Hoping they find the luggage with the Money, Kona coffee, and several pounds of chocolate covered nuts that should be melted when and if they arrive.

at this point I cannot recommend the NEW Delta/Northwest Merger to anyone unless I had evil intent - and after not sleeping tot a day and a half I think I will wait until I rest to call them again.

PS Thanks to a special member for some great advice while there!!!

Good to hear. I will be flying Delta there in November. I can't wait to see what I go through. It will be mostly on them as they screwed up our trip to So-Cal earlier this year. Both the wife and I go $400 vouchers.

Guest kenya

That's what I hate the most about flying............... lost luggage........... GRRRRRR.

Thankfully, found & delivered.  Hope you had a wonderful time in Hawaii !!

Scott - Glad that you got all your luggage! I would have been totally impressed if there wasn't some kind of luggage issue with all the flight issues that you encountered.

[Bachi*: That being said, I'm sure my luggage will be completely lost when I take my trip to Vegas later this month]

If anything arrived melted let me know and I'll be more than happy to send some replacement stuff to you. The weather really held up nice while you were here (at least on O'ahu). This weeks weather sucks - sporadic rains, lots of heat, and funky tradewinds (sigh).

Don't you miss is already?  ;D

waikiki-beach.jpg

yes I do miss it!  Kids and wife had a blast - went 2 more times to L&L for great food!

Hope your trip to Vegas goes great.  If there is ever anything you need from Michigan let me know - will be glad to help!!