Sign in to follow this  
godstrong1

photo shop???????????????????????????????????

hey guy i seen somthing cool, and im just wondering if any of you know anthing about this ! its a name frame. you can type a name and have a picture inside your name or you can put several diffrent pictures in the lettering, it not a background, the picture is inside the letters! does any one now what software pogram  can do this. any advice is appreciated. thanks  :dontknow:

Guest fivestar

Can you post a pic of what you're talking about?  I don't really understand what it is you're saying.

Guest Terry

yes, photoshop and I would imagine most outhers also do it.

Terry

Guest Terry

Not sure if this is what your talking about, but its simple. I did this one with Corel Draw.

Terry

post-0-12986512963755_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986512974878_thumb.jpg

that is totall cool and I am thinking that is what he meant.

How about a step-by-step on how you did it in Corel. I have Corel somewhere.

Guest Terry

TYPE TEXT, HIGHLIGHT WITH SELECT TOOL, CHOOSE FILL TOOL (paint bucket icon) CHOOSE PATTERN FILL DIALOG, CLICK bmp. LOAD PICTURE FOR BACKGROUND, CLICK OK, DONE.

Thanks! I'll try that out if I can remember which computer Corel is on.

thanks terry! thats exactly what i was alking about ;)  what program do i need to do that? and where can i get it! thanks

Guest Terry

not sure, I did it with corel and posted the instructions above.

terry im having a little problem trying to get it right, i downloaded a free trial of corel draw, typed a text, then used the select tool to select the text, clicked on the fill tool, then heres where i get stuck! when i click the fill button a dialog opens to the right and has like 7 diffrent patterns to choos from. i choosed one, and my text had checkerd shapes in it. i then went to file to import a picture ,i selected bmp. then imported a picture it imported to corel draw page , i cant figure out what im doing wrong .can some one tell me where i went wrong.thanks!!!! ;)

Guest Terry

I'm using Corel 10,besure your text is selected first, I click fill tool, its the paint bucket icon, I choose the third icon on mine, its pink and says pattern fill dialog, i then check the bmp. then I click the load button that sends me to browse for the picture. Mine does not say import. Here are some pictures of the window. Very simple your in the right area - just using wrong fill icon I think.

Terry

post-0-12986513010002_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986513010617_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986513038921_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986513039448_thumb.jpg

hey everyone, cool concept for the word fill. just remember to use a big, fat wide font. that way more of your photo will come through. 

Guest Terry

YES THATS WHAT I EXPLAINED TO YOU, CLICK LOAD, IT SENDS YOU TO A BROWSE FOR YOUR OWN PICTURE. i'M USING COREL 10 IT MIGHT BE A BIT DIFFERENT.

TERRY

Guest Terry

post a desktop picture like I did of your corel windows.

Terry,

I looked this up on Google under Name frame. The art is for gift giving. The Name frame could also be created by printing photos on vinyl and cutting the vinyl on your UScutter.

Yes, this is also a Photoshop?:angry:>:(:huh:??:huh:?? creation using layers and outline paths. The resolution of the enlarged text outline is important to pay attention to.

NY resident, Bob

post-1491-12986513018288_thumb.jpg

post-1491-12986513044864_thumb.jpg