Guest manwayvan

heat transferable vinyl run and need help pricing

Guest manwayvan

Thank you everyone for your help but I have yet another pricing question.

I was asked to do a run of 55 rosters for a local school for tshirts with heat

vinyl and 55 front logos for the front. The back space will be 15 inches from

sholder to shoulder and 14 inches down the shhirt. It will be 4 colums with player

Name and number. I really need this business because they promised a whole lot more

If I did this for them. I have never used heat vinyl and theu are specifing thermal flex but is there a diff

Also I have a pcut and will it work with heat vinyl well. Thanks for all your help

If it were me...I would order plastisol transfers.....thats alot of cutting and weeding if you ask me.  If you don't know what that is, basically its a screen print in reverse on a transfer sheet that you can heat apply to a shirt.  If you order in bulk the price is pretty good, and can even come down more if you can gang multiple copies on their larger sheets.

There are lots of companies, I have seen and felt some stuff from f&m expressions and I am very impressed with the results.

i totally agree with zimmerman. i just did a 150 of those in may with class, students and teacher names. it was by transfer express,which did an excellent job. they loved them so much, they have place a new order for school registration.

good luck

Guest manwayvan

Thanks for the advice but I don't have the option to outsource this

Since this would be my first big job I want to do it and since its basic

Font it should be easy to weed. How would someone go about figuring

The amount of vinyl needed so I don't end up ordering too much or not

Enough. The back will be 14 inches from shoulder to shoulder and 15 inches

Down the back then also they want a 4x4 logo on the front. I'm not sure how

To measure this stuff out yet in signblazer for copy jobs. Also the reason I can't

Outsource is that I'm just doin the cuttin then sellin them to a tshirt shop ready

To apply. I called uscutter to ask about there heatvinyl and they have siser easy weed

In 5 yards how would I go about determining how many yards I need. Thanks again.

Sorry to ask so much. I promise once I learn I will actually contribute something. Lol

Well its not really outsourcing the job.....in those quantities its probably going to be close to as cheap for plastisol transfers than it is for the materials.....plus the work.  If you can order them for x amount, sell them for 2x amount....why not be the middle man and take a cut off the top rather than have to do all those hours of work?

I have to agree with the plastisol transfers - I just did a load of shirts for my daughter before our vacation for 3 different classes and if she had given me more htan a weeks notice I definatly would have don transfers - the plastisol looks great and is much quicker.  after weeding all of these in florecent green and glitter red (especially the red)  I have greatly encouraged her to give me more notice next time before she sells shirts.  - she also asked a price genericly before the orders and I told her I would do a simple design for 10.00 to 12.00.  - Her design included a full front graphic, full back graphic, one at the hem and one on the sleave for the one shirt alone.  OMG she is now to present her desings before pricing!  if I had screened them it would have been ok but with the material and shirts if I had not gotten a deal on the glitter red I would have been paying them to take the shirts

• Like 1

Guest manwayvan

Thanks for all the advise. I think I'm going to pass on this one since I'm new in the biz

And have no idea on heat vinyl or am wiling to put my name on someone else's work.

Even though I'm sure they do great work the pricing just isn't there to make any money.

Does anyone have a few pricing guides they use I could borrow to get my pricing set up.

I am trying to go through Signwarehouse catalog and make up some pricing but since I am new

And they sell by qty of 10 or so on most signs blanks I just don't know what to offer for singles. I

Don't want to price my self out of business but I also don't want to cut my own throat. I'm looking for

Possible letter pricing, sign pricings and like window decal pricing if anyone has anything to share

i sent u a pm!

oh no, don't pm him :-[  - I wanna know the answer too. Or, pm me too. ;D