Sign in to follow this  
carolinatc

cut all the way across the vinyl

How do I get my cutter to cut all the way across? copam2500, sign cut 2x. When I make a cut, it cuts on the right side, and when I make the secound cut, it cut right behind the first cut.  I'm wasting a lot of vinyl. What do I need to set up to utilize the left side of the vinyl?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Tom

Signcut is not a design program.

It just cuts what you send to it.

If I am not mistaken you can set the forward and return but I never use it.

Put in the pen and change the setting is F11 of signcut X2 screen.

Just try a small sample on paper and progress from there.

Paco

you have to first setup the image in multiples in illustrator (or whatever you use) then, when you import it into signcut, ust the red arrows to flip the image till it goes across the vinyl. think of the white area of signcut as the vinyl sideways. all signcut does is transmit the image to the cutter. all duplicating or tiling should be done outside of signcut. :thumbsup:

simple fix would be to reset the origin by holding the enter key beyond the first image so the cutter will start to the left of the first one.  I agree that if you want multiples to set that up in the software but sometimes it's just quicker to reset the origin if you think of it afterwards or you have to make a correction after cutting the first one.  Bit of a cheat but works