john!

What are you guys getting for order nowadays?

Alright, i have started to do shirts again  :thumbsup:

My buddy is into derby's and he just ordered 24 shirts, i charged him $12.50 per shirt ($300 total) after doing abunch of calculating. There is a small center chest graphic 8x2" and then a full back graphic on each that's 12x9".

It took just about 2 whole rolls of thermoflex plus.

All in all, i made about $140 after ordering the vinyl and shirts.

I'm thinking of marketing shirts, front and back for $12.50 each any size, any color with a minimum of 12 pieces and a max of 24 just because it does take forever to weed heat transfer out, any comments on that and what you are getting for shirts?

Just looking to pick up on slow times with shirts but it's almost more a pain than it's worth doing it this way.

You are about right with $12.50, but could easily sell them for $15

Tory

Why set a minimum if you are doing vinyl?  Also, good for you getting that price, but damn, thats high, at least for anything 12 and over.  Single color, 2 sides, I'd be at 9-10 for screenprinted.

It may be worth your time to just sub them out, rather than wearing your fingers out.

Wish I could get that money here. single color with Chest Emblem, and Full back I get around 8-10 tops depending on the detail for 12, and a small decrease as qty goes up.

Don';t limit yourself on qty for shirts, tehre is good money in it. You just have to get a system in place to streamline the weeding and assy. Kids are great for the weeding process.

Kevin

Wish I could get that money here. single color with Chest Emblem, and Full back I get around 8-10 tops depending on the detail for 12, and a small decrease as qty goes up.

Don';t limit yourself on qty for shirts, tehre is good money in it. You just have to get a system in place to streamline the weeding and assy. Kids are great for the weeding process.

Kevin

+1 I have been checking into this also for my area in NE South Dakota.

Christi

Making a minimum because you don't get a ton of material on a roll like regular vinyl so every job would take about 1 roll and i'm in it to make money not break even lol

I could buy a screen setup but i don't really have the room currently

Guest round2racing

John, I would love to have the room to have a heat press, and a solvent ink printer, and a silk screen setup, and a couple of work tables, and vinyl storage racks, and a million other things.

Same here, limits on space limits what you can do......

I just did a bunch of shirts with a paw on the front chest, and team name and unique number on the back.  I think I did 20 -30 shirts total.  I charged them ~14.50 each and they were pretty happy.  I told them I'd do names on the back, but they wanted just the team name.

I've also just did 12 shirts for my daugthers volleyball team, (they provided the jerseys). I did a small 1/2"x2" logo, and number on the front, and name and number on the back. I charged $5 per side, and they seemed pretty excited.

azdecals

BTW  The jerseys the provided were 88% polyester 12% lycraspandex.  I used siser easyweed, pressed normally and didn't have any problems with the fabric.

Nice!

I guess really it depends on if you can get customers to pay the higher price for the heat transfer method or not.

I'll keep my equipment for it but i don't think i'm ready to advertise it on my cards yet lol

I do have a wholesale screen guy in NJ which i outsourced my first screen order to and should come in tomorrow ;D

If they are good then I'll advertise shirts defiantly  ;D

If you guys have any shirts that you dont want to do them in vinyl let me know and I would be happy to wholesale screen printing to you. We have done this for a few members on here the last month or so.. Never turn down jobs.....

Guest fivestar

Do thelarger quantities in plastisol, it's just silk screen on paper.  You press it for 10 seconds +/- peel the paper off and you're done.

Do thelarger quantities in plastisol, it's just silk screen on paper.  You press it for 10 seconds +/- peel the paper off and you're done.

+1 

I went the screen press route ( damn hobby just got out of control  :) ) but if I didnt have my press I would use plastisol transfers for quantity runs or intricate designs. I may be getting into making plastisol transfers in the near future ?

Guest oldthredz

I am always willing to do some wholesale printing i can to from 6 to unlimited pcs.

thanks guys

361-334-2511