Sign in to follow this  
mr300s

Plate I did and problems with cutter

I did twenty five decals of this for a fishing buddy and this plate.  My cutter is still acting up. I have tried every single thing I can think of.  I tried all kinds of setting speed, pressure, I made sure everything was on track.  I cleaned the holder with alcohol and then sprayed it with wd40.  It still wants to lift the edge of the paper?

I tried 60 degree blades 45 degree blades new ones old ones LOL.  I think maybe I got a bad batch of blades I can't See what else it could be.  The blade spin around freely in the holder I have it so you can just barley see it but no good.

One thing I did discover was that it appeared to be cutting twice in the first two letters, and could that be the problem and if so what causes that?  I tried to highlight everything and see if there was another underneath and I couldn't find any.

Picture149.jpg

fs fishing.SBD

post-2082-12986539829847_thumb.jpg

fs fishing.SBD

post-2082-12986539849594_thumb.jpg

If you mean by cutting through, as in through the backing the blades probably too long out of the holder.

What i do is screw it in so you are close to the blade but can't feel it. Now screw it in more slowly ( quarter or 8th) until you can feel it. now back it off an 8th. You should be fine at 140 if thats not the issue with it pulling up the vinyl itself.

I just think you might have too much blade and not enough pressure? On mine ( I know each cutter differs) At under 100 my blade holder wont drop. Mines perfect at 140.

I looked at the file - To clean it up do this

Ungroup then select the border below the A - move it and you will see the first of the duplicated areas - delete this - then click on the triangular area below and to the right of the Y and delete it.  Select all and group - the file cut OK for me.

-Mike

Thanks mars for looking at it and the advise

did you make the file in Illy? I know sometimes when you import Illy files into some other software that the software that imports the file can double it up. this used to happen with me with gerber a lot

Very nice i too like the reflection.. :police:;D

If you vector with vector magic desktop you'll wind up with outline areas that double up the cuts i really need to get into the advanced options I'm sure there's a way to prevent it...

Guest kenya

The plate looks great Bill.  :police:

But wow, you certainly have a mess there. I can only suggest that you post the file for others to try.

This will help determine if it's your cutter or the file itself.

Guest Schramm

Well I have never had the problems that you are talking about, have you called US Cutter?

Reading through your posts it seems to me that you have been trying all the right things.  Who has been making your graphics?  Double cutting will do that but that is sometimes a setting or sometimes it is nothing more then the image having the image behind it.

Well I have never had the problems that you are talking about, have you called US Cutter?

Reading through your posts it seems to me that you have been trying all the right things.  Who has been making your graphics?  Double cutting will do that but that is sometimes a setting or sometimes it is nothing more then the image having the image behind it.

I looked at the file - To clean it up do this

Ungroup then select the border below the A - move it and you will see the first of the duplicated areas - delete this - then click on the triangular area below and to the right of the Y and delete it.  Select all and group - the file cut OK for me.

-Mike

Thanks everyone I am thinking more and more it was as Mars said because  the problem seemed to be in the first two letters (it was double cutting and as I watched the second time is when it lifted the letter.  It wasn't perfect after the first two letters  but not as bad, so that could be a pressure or blade depth issue that I will keep working on.  Is there a simple way to get rid of double cuts?  Does everyone look at an image first to make sure it wont double cut?  To new at this to know the answers but with all your help especially all the thousands of Pm's to Vette (Kenya) I am getting there  :police:

As far as I know, double cuts are due to

1. You have two of the same items, one under the other. Check it by ungrouping the  item. and deleting a part of it. If after you delete it there is still a pice, then you had another of the same piece under it.

2. You have an outline. You want to have just a solid piece or just an outline, no both. If this is the case then it will cut the solid part then the outline, which will result in double cuts. Solution- in your design program, select the design and remove outlines or in your cutting program, select the square with the solid fill, if a square with a line in it appears, that means you have an outline.

Joe