USCutter Driver Pack

Bought an LP24 a few months back and have been using SignCut Productivity software. All has been well since purchasing a KeySpan converter. I found and purchased Flexi Pro on Ebay at a very affordable price. The Flexi software has been registered for 3 months now and finally decided to install so as to learn the program only to find that there were no drivers available. Dissapointed in not doing my homework first! I was happy to learn of this driver pack and downloaded and installed a month ago without success. I only do this as a hobby and have enjoyed learning to create. Now people are interested in the things the machine can do and currently have orders to fill, albeit simple designs and lettering. I am a happy camper today because I reinstalled this driver again after reading up some more and have now been able to send test designs to my cutter! When at first you don't succeed........ :thumbsup:

Bought an LP24 a few months back and have been using SignCut Productivity software. All has been well since purchasing a KeySpan converter. I found and purchased Flexi Pro on Ebay at a very affordable price. The Flexi software has been registered for 3 months now and finally decided to install so as to learn the program only to find that there were no drivers available. Dissapointed in not doing my homework first! I was happy to learn of this driver pack and downloaded and installed a month ago without success. I only do this as a hobby and have enjoyed learning to create. Now people are interested in the things the machine can do and currently have orders to fill, albeit simple designs and lettering. I am a happy camper today because I reinstalled this driver again after reading up some more and have now been able to send test designs to my cutter! When at first you don't succeed........ :thumbsup:

may I ask what version of Flexi Pro did you purchase on EBAY?? 

i have a question? what version of flexi does this driver cover.

I noticed no response to this.  I'm also curious.  I have Flexi 7.6 and can not afford to upgrade.  I sold my MH721 when we moved thinking we were out of the sign business.  Now I need another cutter and would like to know (1) If the new drivers are compatible with V7.6 and (2) is there any real difference between the USC drivers and the PNC-1000 drivers.  My MH721 ran flawlessly for 2 years on the PNC-1000 driver.  I'm assuming the MH781 wold run just as well.  There is no difference other than the width, right?

Help Please....  I just bought a like new MH 871 plotter and would like to cut vinyl using my Flexi Pro Software. I Downloaded ( USCutter Driver Pack ) . I am connected to a Com port and it's not cutting. I also tried the USP and LPt cable.... Nothing..... I use the Driver  Roland 1000 from my Flexi...  Am I missing something??? 

Thank you All!

LEED SIGNS

speeddogg.... Are you talking to me? I am tring to get my plotter to cut tonight.... Any ideas? I just got a MH 871 , using FlexiPro 8.1....

Thank you

Yes I am.  read the Newbie Manual.  which is what I just gave you.  Also why download the Flexi driver pack if your going to use the Roland driver?  try using  the driver for the cutter you bought. listed under  USCutter.  .   

speeddogg.... Are you talking to me? I am tring to get my plotter to cut tonight.... Any ideas? I just got a MH 871 , using FlexiPro 8.1....

Thank you

The US Cutter drivers work fine with Flexi 8.1.  Just drop them in the drivers folder and they will show up in the cutter drop down list.

Oh...and use the serial connection...NOT USB.

Ok, im using windows XP, Flexi 8.1, Connected to the COMport 1 (tried 2,3,&4 too) also, downloaded the USCutters MH 871 Driver, Rebooted many times...Everything is Connected... Not Working.

On the Plotter: Loaded 30" Paper, set the origin & homed it out, The first button (home) shows a RED light. Should if be Green? I also tried connecting the plotter with my laptop and the same thing. Thank you for your help.

Len

John,

ARe you telling me that SBE does more than FlexiPro 8.1?

Charlie

Hey Charlie ,

John said Flexi " starter " . I have Flexi starter & I like SignBlazer much more . I have sent Flexi starter it to another member & they stayed with SignBlazer also .

Rodger

If your machine does not have a reset button, you can activate one of the kill switches on either side of the machine.

Ok, im using windows XP, Flexi 8.1, Connected to the COMport 1 (tried 2,3,&4 too) also, downloaded the USCutters MH 871 Driver, Rebooted many times...Everything is Connected... Not Working.

On the Plotter: Loaded 30" Paper, set the origin & homed it out, The first button (home) shows a RED light. Should if be Green? I also tried connecting the plotter with my laptop and the same thing. Thank you for your help.

Len

The light above "reset" should stay red.  To set the home position of the knife, press "Offline/Pause" then use the arrows to move to your desired home position.  The light above "Offline/Pause" will be on.  Press "Origin" to set the home position.   The cutter will not cut while it is in Offline mode.

Are you using a motherboard mounted serial com port or a USB to serial adapter?

Ok, the Red light is on. The cutter was turned on/off many times, there is a Red button on the inside, right hand side of the poltter---- is that the "Reset" Switch?

I own a Roland Plotter, 2 Graphtec plotters, a GS6000 Epson printer and a Seiko 64S - Nothing like this has ever giving me this hard of a time. I just bought this for a frined. I know it works. Saw it in action and it was cutting vinyl using SignBlazer. I would like to use SignPro since my friend has Flexi.

Thanks again for your help.

Len

Ok, so what do I do? Push it it?  I did , still not cutting

I'm using the com port. Using uscutter's driver for my flexipro and Not the Roland pnc1000 driver. I downloaded the new driver. It should work. Any other ideas? 

Thank you!

Ok, so what do I do? Push it it?  I did , still not cutting

I'm using the com port. Using uscutter's driver for my flexipro and Not the Roland pnc1000 driver. I downloaded the new driver. It should work. Any other ideas? 

Thank you!

Bad com port on the PC or bad serial cable?  Pretty sure it requires a cable wired straight through, not one made for transferring data from PC to PC.  Check the cable with an ohm meter.  Pin one on one end should show continuity to pin one on the other end.

You are using Flexi?  Does flexi say it is cutting or holding after you hit send?