Dsigns4U

Ive got a problem...

Everytime we go to cut something over about 70 inches long, the cutter cuts these guideline looking things wherever it goes. It doesnt lift the cutter head off the vinyl as it cuts the letters out which ends up making lines all over our material. Has anyone else had this problem? I believe its something to do with out signblazer program.

I have the same problem on longer pieces.  It did okay on small areas, but when I cut bigger things, I get extra lines, they aren't really cut lines.  I am using a different computer and thought that was it.  I posted, but no replies yet.

Hopefully someone will figure this out, I have searched and searched and can't find the answer.

Nancy

maybe if you post your file someone can look at it.

bb

do you have your cutter grounded to the stand?  try that  sometimes too many nodes in the design can cause the machine to go crazy, cause it cannot comprehend  all of them at one time. Try and edit out some of the nodes if you can..

I just cut something new and still have the lines.  It weeds okay, so it's not cutting all the way through.  It's only on bigger items.  I am attaching the file and a screen shot of my settings.  I am still kind of new at this, so I might have some other setting wrong.  On the file I am attaching there are lines kind of zig zagging left to right through the bottom two words.

I am at a loss!  Let me know if I need to check for anything else.

Thanks so much!

Nancy

post-4728-12986539844617_thumb.gif

Terris Little Darlings.SBD

post-4728-12986539861226_thumb.gif

Terris Little Darlings.SBD

I will take a look at your file when I get home this evening

not sure where the problem lies. i drew this one on paper with no problem. what size were you cutting it?

bb

if you watch the cutting in the cutter window do the lines that show up match the paths shown?

It sounds like your blade is not lifting enough, correct? Please check to make sure you do not have to much blade out. The rule of thumb is half the thickness of a credit card.

You will want to test this by doing a test cut so that we can completely rule out anything but hardware. Grounding the cutter to the stand is also a good idea.

Hello,

I have the exact same problem whenever I try to cut ANYTHING!! IT doesn't matter what size it is, I have tried everything I can think of!! Any help is soooo greatly appreciated, I have wasted so much vinyl but I am determined to make this work!!

Hello,

I have the exact same problem whenever I try to cut ANYTHING!! IT doesn't matter what size it is, I have tried everything I can think of!! Any help is soooo greatly appreciated, I have wasted so much vinyl but I am determined to make this work!!

Have you tried what I asked the OP to do? Please do this and let us know how it goes.

are you both certain you have your port settings the same on the software as you do in the control panel/device manager?

bb

whatever you set them to, they must be the same in signblazer as they are in your device manager. here are a couple of screen grabs for you.

bb

post-2091-12986539968122_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986539968816_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986539989913_thumb.jpg

post-2091-12986539990471_thumb.jpg

I think my problem is fixed.  I only had time to cut a small amount of text last night. 

I grounded the cutter to the stand.  My dad was an electrical engineer, so I knew how to do that.  :-)

We had taken the blade out to clean it and I think we must have made an adjustment and didn't know it.  I adjusted the blade several times and ran test cuts and it is cutting fine.  I am still new and in awe of this whole process, so I often sit and watch it cut.  It seems like the blade is lifting higher when it is moving and not cutting.  I know that's a good thing and is what has fixed my line issues.  Not sure if part of the problem was it not being grounded and part of it the blade needing to be adjusted.

My lines were the path of the blade.  I pulled up something I had cut and hadn't weeded yet and compared the lines on the screen to the what I cut and the lines were definitely the blade path.

I will cut more today, but I think it's fixed.  It wasn't even an SB issue, I should have posted this in the Laser Point category.

Thank you so much.  I need to learn more because my nephew who learned all this first and then taught me is moving.  :-(

Nancy