odokie

having problems importing in signblazer

I am back with a new "I dont know what I'm doing issue"  I downloaded a Clip Art CD program and put it in "my Documents" When I go to signblazer and go the the import option, I click on the c:/ find the my documents file open it and click on the Clip Art file it seem to open but appears to be empty.  there is nothing there, but I have checked and the images are there.  Should I have this in a different location?  What am I not doing??thanks

When I uploaded it this is what it read

Pumpkin 034.wmf.

You cannot upload that type of file. The only allowed extensions are doc,gif,jpg,mpg,pdf,png,txt,zip,ai,eps,svg.

how do I change the file??

thanks!!

I use .wmf files in Signblazer all the time.But I do NOT use the import feature. Here is how I do it:

Open the clipart image that you want (in the clipart program)

right click (or edit) and COPY it.

Go to signblazer...click on Edit,then CLIPBOARD PASTE. It will paste the image into signblazer but it will probably be HUGE so adjust the size accordingly.

If the files are in colour, you will be able to cut each separately. To cut all at once,click on each one while holding down the ctrl key. Or maybe the alt key I can't remember.

John,

i tried the copy / clipboard paste and nothing came up on SB. I tried edit / clipboard paste and it opended in my "paint" file. Im not doing something right...

Burce,

Do you have a few more details on your suggestion?

Thanks guys!!

Bruce,

Sorry I never got back after downloading the file to fix my problem.  All is working fine, I have been cutting like mad, and have not been on here for help.

thanks again!!! ;) ;) :);D ;D

Bruce,

I upgraded from elements to Pro a while back. In elements I could import a dxf file without a problem. Today is the first time I tried importing a dxf file in Pro... it imports a black box, if you manage to clear the box there are a lot of other blacked out areas. I had zero success importing the dxf.

Here's a sample file

Co-Pilot-rev-03.zip

Co-Pilot-rev-03.zip

Bruce,

Ok, lets says it's a bad file. I doubt that all the dxf files would be bad don't you? That file opens and functions fine in the CAD program, if it was corrupt I wouldn't be able to reopen it.

I have 3 options when saving a dxf

1) AutoCad 2004/2005

2) AutoCad 2000

3) AutoCad R14

Which one would you suggest I use?

Thanks for the help

Bruce,

It would be nice to have that feature since it's a feature  :huh:

I appreciate you taking the time to correct it.

Thanks