SmokinZMan

New Addition to the Toolbox Lid ........

I am looking forward to getting a new cutter with contour cutting. I love the decals you have made.

Dave

These are not contour cut thay are layers, No wide printer for me $$$$$$ :thumbsup: I have been practicing my multi color skills, I now am very comfertable pre-assembling in shop and then just doing one time install. I am doing the layers dry in the shop then a wet app for the whole thing on site.

Here is my latest project, Gotta love Homer  :thumbsup:;D

post-2858-12986539193651_thumb.jpg

post-2858-12986539206901_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the posts, I just love how they turned out, They make me smile everytime I see them  :thumbsup: I'm still very new to this and learn something everyday, Mostly due to all you guys and gals on this forum.

Bryan

These are not contour cut thay are layers, No wide printer for me $$$$$$ :thumbsup: I have been practicing my multi color skills, I now am very comfertable pre-assembling in shop and then just doing one time install. I am doing the layers dry in the shop then a wet app for the whole thing on site.

Here is my latest project, Gotta love Homer  :thumbsup::P

I can only hope I my skills get to that level.  Very impressive!  Safe to assume that's achmed on the right there?

Awesome layering work man !

Is that your toolbox or your portfolio ?  :thumbsup:

Awesome layering work man !

Is that your toolbox or your portfolio ?  :thumbsup:

It's My toolbox on my WorkTruck/Tow Vehicle.

SmokinZman

You have the right idea, I started out much the same way. I tried creating some of the most complicated layered graphics I could for myself. Then when Someone comes in and asks what you charge for something that is complicated your not wondering how long it takes or if your capable of doing it. You just know, it can't be as hard as that Stupid Terrorist I did LMAO.

Great looking work, and keep postin' up for us to see.

Kevin

Guest round2racing

That is some great work.

I have done a 5 layer decal (actually 2 of the same one) and I have to say it is one the hardest things I have tried to do.

Don't get me wrong, it came out really nice, but it was so hard, especially since the customer was right there......

I hate having someone over my shoulder.

Beautiful work Z, keep it up!!!!

Layering those black outlines in incredible.  If there is a system to it, please let me know how you get everything so perfect.  I have a few that I would love to outline like that, but I have always been scared to death of screwing it up.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :P

The black was the easiest of all :P

I take my image in SB and group all then duplicate, move to the side by itself then do weld all and it makes a very nice solid image and I use it as my black then the other colors just fall into place. The decal is acualy only 2 layers :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and it leaves you with the crisp black outlines.....

Bryan

Are you using any kind of registration marks or just free handing it?

I put 2 reg marks at the top of each color to line it all up, I do alot of 2 layers freehand for letter outlines and such but those would be very tough to try to eyeball  :thumbsup:

The black was the easiest of all :thumbsup:

I take my image in SB and group all then duplicate, move to the side by itself then do weld all and it makes a very nice solid image and I use it as my black then the other colors just fall into place. The decal is acualy only 2 layers :) :) and it leaves you with the crisp black outlines.....

Bryan

I tried what you were talking about here.  I'm completely lost.  I have pulled either text or just an image in.  Then did the group, then duplicate and had in on the side.  I got it to do the weld all (total weld?) and it all went black.  I assume that is right.  Then what do you do?  This is where I'm scratching my head.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Rick

Before you weld in SB you need the image the size you want and I place my Reg Marks the group all. Now Duplicate, move to the side and weld all, Change the color from black to a color your not using,Change reg marks too, I use a dark grey.

Now when you cut instead of the black layer you cut the grey layer then all the other colors, Cut all with the reg marks. When all is cut and weeded start with the black then line up each color and the will lay right in place and leave the crisp black outline.

Easier to do it then explain it,

Bryan

I will take your word for that one Bryan.  I will try this new way of going this when I get a chance this week.  It seems so easy, but i know I will sit here in my head in my hands going "why me, why me".  I have done a few two color logos, but I had to play with line thickness to make them not have a gap between colors.  Your way of doing it makes one solid background and then just the layers.  I like that better.

I'll let you know how it works out!