Sign in to follow this  
j.brazell

Cutinng imported objects

I have imported objects from clipart cd's that i have bought but I can't get the images to cut.  Can anyone help?

Program: FlexiStarter 8.6v1

Cutter/Plotter: Seiki Model # 870-T

Most likely because the image you are trying to cut are just that... clipart, either jpg's or gif's. The images must be vectorized and saved as eps format before the cutter will reconize what you want it to cut.

Flexi can only cut vectorized obljects,  so if you are just importing  regular clipart raster images, then they will not cut,  you will have to convert them to vector images in another  software, such as adobe illustrator, corel, or inkscape.

the images on the cd are in the format of AI or eps.  I also downloaded some images from the forum and receive the error " No cuttable object with the current settings"  What settings is it talking about?

are you clicking  the wireframe  box in the fill stroke editor?,,  because you should be...  also for help with Flexistarter,, at the top of the main screen is HELP, click it ,and help topics,,  hope that helps you,,

You are in the Flexi category,, are you talking about in Flexistarter?  If so, you cannot do that. you can only save as a Flexi file.