Just so its official, I will never use the USB to send jobs from the computer to my Cutter.  My cutter always froze half way through big cuts.  NEVER AGAIN, Im throwing away the usb plug. ITS CRAP!

well, all I can say is...USB is never as good as serial. Proven time and again here.

Guest sciondrgn

Ever since I replaced the stock USB cable and checked to Emulate a Serial Printer over the USB the memory problems resolved itself and the cutter started working much better on longer cuts where normally it would stutter or freeze!  :thumbsup:

Sadly I have no Serial option on my cutter since they neglected to include one but the USB works ok for me now

Dragon,

Explain about where you chekced to emulate a serial port.

I think more like to know what you mean to reduce possible USB problems.

Thanks, Paco

I have USB only with issues i have to unplug the USB cable and restart for every cut or it just hangs and the program

go not responding  i would like to emulate serial too

I have USB only with issues i have to unplug the USB cable and restart for every cut or it just hangs and the program

go not responding  i would like to emulate serial too

Try what Vinyl Dragon did to overcome his USB issues.

As BannerJohn says it NEVER going to be as good as a serial connection.  It's not only plotters that have trouble with a USB connection, there's quite a lot hardware issues with USB.

Guest sciondrgn

Go into the advanaced properties of the USB Serial Port and there is an option to check (Serial Emulation)

I cut 10 feet of lettering this weekend without a single hesitation in the machine!    :)

I am a dumbie here. Please explain where the advanced serial ports settings are located?

Thank you,

Open your Device Manager and expand the Ports category. Right click on the Communications Port (COM1), then left click on Properties. Go to the Port Settings tab, then the Advanced button.