Moto-X-Coatings

Care to share your alignment procedure

My machine is an MH-721.  Sometimes I can't get the thing to track straight at even a foot.  All my pinch rollers are adjusted equally.  I've tried using just 2 and 3 rollers.  Then theres the time I get it just right and it tracks within an 1/8 inch ;).  Would anyone like to share their process of alignment?  Still very new to this and I'm just looking for a consistent procedure because I only seem to get it right every now and then.  I haven't had to cut anything too long yet so I'm still good.

Thanks

JC

I slide the material over to the far right hand side and use the side of the frame to see if it is straight. Then I stick my thumb next to the left side of the material and feed it forward some, and then back some, checking to see if it drifts off of my thumb. If it does, I lift the left side pinch roller and adjust the media accordingly, then repeat the first step of feeding it with my thumb next to the media. Sometimes takes a few runs before you get it feeding as straight as possible.

My procedure that has worked great for me is position your 3 pinch rollers evenly across the vniyl and pull about 2-3 feet through the machine, use your hand to roll 2 of those feet back by spinning the roll, then drop the center roller.  Use your hand on the roll again and pull it good n tight and then drop your side rollers.  Test it....should be dead on or at least mine is always really close.  I have done up to 10 foot runs like this with little/no drift and no adjustment past the initial lining up.

I do it just my eye. No problem here. But you know there is a ruler on the back and the front of the cutter. line the vinyl up on the same front and back numbers.

;D Down

Thanks for all your suggestions.  I have used the rulers on both the front and back, lined up perfectly, and it still drifts.  I'll try everyones' approach to get the process down.  Thanks again

JC

Remember that its not just that the vinyl is straight in between the 2 rulers area when you drop the pinch rollers....if it isn't lined up perfectly with the roll it will drift towards the roll now matter how straight it is in the rollers.

Here is an easy one when using rolls, hold the roll tight in the carriage rollers on the back then pull the slack out from the pinch rollers untill the vinyl is tight. The roll will actually square up the vinyl for you, then set your pinch rollers.

Al

I just eyeba;; it, run the vinyl back and forth for a yard or so til I get it straight.

1 good tip i got that solved most of my tracking issues was to make sure after you go through your alignment procedure, whatever way works for you once you figure it out.. Make sure you pull out more vinyl off the roll, and let it hang down below the roll ,than you are going to be cutting. This way the roll itself will not mess up your tracking.

Kevin

Thanks for this info. I tried this and now my paper and vinyl track within 1/8" at 4 feet. I don't do much long cuts but this was excellent info.