PalmerRidgeCutter

MH-721 Plastic Tubes and Plugs: What are they for?

I just received my MH-721 cutter last evening and have assembled the stand. I have some pieces left over that were in the bag with the stand assembly hardware. There are several black plastic tubes with a flange on one end and a smaller hole in the other end (sort of like a real tall top hat), about 2 inches long. There are also several small black plastic plugs, about 1/4 inch in diameter and 1/2 inch long.

What are these items for and where do they go?

Also do I remove the masking tape from the cutting strip area? I think, YES, correct?

FYI: Delivery timing: Won Ebay auction, Sat., May 23. Cutter shipped, Wed, May 27 (1 business day elapsed - it was following Memorial Day weekend). Received Monday, June 1. Shipped UPS ground from IL to CO. Package and cutter arrived in good shape, although I haven't fired it up yet.

As a mechanical engineer, I am so far impressed with the construction and quality of the system for the price.

John

Ok trying to remember what you could be talking about from the assembly of mine but I am coming up blank.  Sorry.  If you had a pic I might be able to help ya out.

They are for the screws that attach the main crossbar.  the screw goes into the tube, then through the holes in the stand's sides. The little black plugs then hide the hole in the tube.  I can try to get a pic in the morning if you need one.

Thanks, I thought it was likely something like that. I had a tough time getting those cross bar screws in place -- having them in the tubes would make it a lot easier.

Also, I have removed the tape on the cut strip.

Thanks,

John

I did the same thing when I put mine together, fishing them screws thru into the hole, before I figured out what the black tubes were for. I think there are two screws still laying in the bottom of my stand that I couldn't get out

That sounds familiar. I still have to take off the bottom rail screws to get one of the little plugs I dropped into the inside of the vertical rail also.

John

I got lucky and had about 3 or 4 extra screws and a couple of extra tubes and plugs. if I didn't I don't know how I'd get them screws out of the stands

I just received my MH-721 yesterday and started putting the stand together last night.  There were some screws missing, but otherwise, the machine was packaged well and looks great.  Can't wait to get started using it.

My question to any owners of this machine, did you have any troubles getting started?  Connection with the drivers or using the Signblazer software?

Thanks

When I got mine and hooked it all up....it worked like a charm!  I've had it for almost a year now and have not had any issues with it (none that aren't an easy fix anyway)  Just remember that when you feed your vinyl through, to test feed it as to make sure it feeds out STRAIGHT! I've wasted lot's of vinyl because I never knew to pre-feed to make sure there was no drifting.

Good luck

Dazzel

I had absolutely no problems setting my refine up and running, and I'm using a laptop and USB, what seems to cause the biggest problems.  I just the other day met the first problem I've had, and resolved it using advice from another post (advanced port settings)