Sign in to follow this  
gg

2.18 NOT WORKING PLEASE HELP

I've updated sign cut now not cutting have 350 signs to cut out I stressing out!!!!!

please help !!! SOS

was cutting prior to update, now nothing

gg

The update probably changed the settings in Signcut back to default. Check your settings.

thanks Jon, I've checked all my settings, everything seems to be in order, it goes thru the motions takes forver, but then it won't cut.. like the software & cutter not cmmunitcting now, had copam & sign for 3mo now, 1st time this is happened, and the worst time it could happen.. :'(

I' keep looking @ settings etc..

thank again

try different com ports in the settings. I had that happen once. It switched for some reason.

WOW! your a guienuss !that worked! had to change to lpt1 but hey I'm cutting again ;D

thanlks alot John! I was stressing out! have 210 18 x 24  D/F coroplast yard signs to do have 25 cut and this happened. knew wasn't a good time to update but my file was going banana's on every 5th one, same file cuting over & over but goes banana's  was tired of wasting vinyl, ken sugguested update signcut... anyway thanks again for all your help, and the good avise you always give on this forum! your the BEST!

have a a good night, think I can sleep better now!

thanks

again

gg

now tell me how you do coroplast signs...210 you must have an easier way than I do. At best,I can do one,2 sides,in 10 minutes. I am talking about actually applying the vinyl.

thanks again for the help.. back up & running now  ;D

no secret fast way, like you taking me about 10 min to apply, I'm begining to wonder if I bit off more than I can chew! or sold my soul to  a local high school!

taking about 30 min per sign to cut weed mask & apply, fortunatley my wife does the weeding & masking I cut & apply, been watch beardown's screen printing video.. been thinking...maybe I need to make a screen...

my mom,who is 84,does my weeding for me and enjoys it! I offered to pay her more than the last job she had (.65 cents an hour in 1942) bt she won't let me pay her.

Just a thought...my local sign supply place will do the screenprinting for around $3 a sign if you order a 100 ,even less at 200. You can bet I'll be calling them if I get an order that big. There are shops on ebay who give these rates too. I'd gladly pay that and make the profit just for delivering the signs.

But,Beardown's method is great..my problem is finding the right ink...nobody around here carries it.

I hear ya, I don't like the weeding, my wife doesn't mind it either

3 bucks yeah I need to look into that for the future, to late to change lanes on this job...  good experience though

do you mind sharing your screen printing source's name & city

I'm in south AL,  5.25 per sign was as cheap as I could find for screen printing

thanks John, i've just requested a catalog from them, I'm currently buying from j. walker sign supply in Rhine, GA about 100 mi west of me, they deliver & charge 10.00 anything under 200.00  over 200.00 free delivery have best price I've on Oracal Vinyl I've found, I got these coraplast signs & stands combo for 1.35 ea, I get my banners from Beacon graphics, I like the 10 oz vinyl ones, takes a little longer to get but easy application..

if I can assist you in anyway let me know, I'm new to hands on vinyl cutting but I've been graphic designer / draftsman for 25 + yrs, 18 yrs working for sign companies,  been wanting to start my own co. for yrs. thought the only vinyl cutters were Gerber, Roland & Graphtec and thought I needed @ least 3k to buy an entry level cutter to start my own co. on the side, then I heard about cutters on ebay, I am so impressed w/ my Copam & the support of this forum and U.S. cutter.

hoping to work for self full time in near future  ;D

thanks again