Sign in to follow this  
Bugs

Help with tracking

Hello all. I have a CP-2500. It is tracking awful! I have cleaned the rollers. I am also letting out some vinyl. Am I letting out too much? What are you using to clean you rollers? I have looked on the forum and use a few tips. I have a good sized job I need to do. HELP!!

Thanks!

I found this on the forum,  maybe it will help you. some one else wrote this

this is the best way I have figured out to start straight.

Load your vinyl roll in the holder....feed the vinyl through, space your 3 rollers......drop the center roller, now roll the excess back onto the roll until its tight, this aligns the vinyl perfectly, with it still taught drop your side rollers....feed in and out and adjust if neccesary.  Most of the time this gets me dead perfect first try.

by the way,  are you using Flexi signware?  Or another brand? 

Sign Blazers. I only have 2 pinch rollers. I will be ordering another today.  This is a job of 1,000 labels. I don't want to screw it up. Plus more waste is less profit! Plus my time.

The only time our Copam had a tracking issue, is when we were trying to cut a straight 8' long design.

Sign Blazers. I only have 2 pinch rollers. I will be ordering another today.  This is a job of 1,000 labels. I don't want to screw it up. Plus more waste is less profit! Plus my time.

I really do not know why 3 pinch rollers makes a difference, I have a Graphtec FC7000MK-75 and it only has 2 pinch rollers.  I actually was a little disappointed that it came with 2 pinch rollers and not 3, or  like my previous cutter Seiki 850H which had 4. And I was going to order an extra one, but the Graphtec support tech told me I really didn't need it, and after really learning this machine  HE WAS RIGHT!!!  I didn't need it.  My main source of income is on full side car graphics,, and stripes, and some of my car designs are very detailed and  most are 8/9' up to 14' long and doing both sides. (mirror) I never have a tracking issue,, and they  match

each other perfect. this machine tracks great and only with 2 pinch rollers.  :thumbsup: