Sign in to follow this  
Xtremethrottle

Cant cut horizontal

Im kind of pissed.  I cant seem to do a couple things with this new software.  I have the flexi 8.6 and im pretty new to flexi.  I cannot get the machine to cut across the roll instead of into the roll and wasteing all this vinyl.  Also how do i set the origin on the machine?:thumbsup:  But if someone could just let me know how to cut across the roll i would be happy.  ALSO having a problem with the vinyl coming up in the corners of the realy detailed stickers?:D

Im kind of pissed.  I cant seem to do a couple things with this new software.  I have the flexi 8.6 and im pretty new to flexi.  I cannot get the machine to cut across the roll instead of into the roll and wasteing all this vinyl.  Also how do i set the origin on the machine?:thumbsup:  But if someone could just let me know how to cut across the roll i would be happy.  ALSO having a problem with the vinyl coming up in the corners of the realy detailed stickers?:D

what design are you trying to cut??  how big?  what type of vinyl are you using,,  brand?  what kind of cutter?  I think we need more details,,please explain further.

Im just trying to cut a 5"x5" sticker.  4 of them in a row. Im using 24" 3m white vinyl.  Im using a copam 24" cutter.

after you hit cut, the production manager comes up,  down in lower left corner is a little man on a button,, this little man can be changed in 4 different directions,depending on what direction you have it, depends on how it is cut on the vinyl,  just click it and they will drop down and show directions of different cuts

Ok so if the little guy is standing straight up it will cut down the roll instead of going across.  Then if i face him horizontal he should cut across the roll....Correct???

Ok so if the little guy is standing straight up it will cut down the roll instead of going across.  Then if i face him horizontal he should cut across the roll....Correct???

write a couple letters on your layout, like you are going to cut them,,,,,click  cut,  production manager comes up,  click the little man,,, when you click each of the 4 different postions, it will move the text 4 different ways and show you, how it is sending it to cutter,,,

my Flexi 8.5 shows  man straight up  horizantal cut  straight arcross roll,,,  man sideways,,,,cutting down, along edge of roll, 

first thing you need to do is learn Flexi and what all the tools/buttons are for,,,, at the top of the layout screen is HELP,, click it and hit HELP TOPICS and read it....you will learn alot that way...that is your manual so to speak...  in fact I just printed alot of it off,  so much easier to read and learn.

ok ill check that tomorrow.  How do i fix with my detailed stickers it pealing up on the corners.  I barely have my blade sticking out at all.  Is it my speed or something else i dont know about yet??

ok ill check that tomorrow.  How do i fix with my detailed stickers it pealing up on the corners.  I barely have my blade sticking out at all.  Is it my speed or something else i dont know about yet??

not being able to see what you are saying,  or what the design is, or how much it is peeling up, I can't answer that, you may be using too much force, and the blade may be picking the vinyl up while it is cutting.

whats a good number to set the pressure at for cutting 1.5mm vinyl??

I do not have a copam, so I do not know how the force is numbered on your machine,,, That vinyl is very thin, I would back off and run some test pieces , to get it where you want it before runnning your jobs..