Sign in to follow this  
CherokeeDesign

any preference between 50/50 and 100% cotton?

I'm pretty new to the shirts, I started out with Gildan 50/50's because I read how it's important for the shirts to be pre-shrunk when heat pressing them.  I tried some 100% cotton Gildans, it says they're pre-shrunk.  I'm doing a 3 color design, I pressed the first color (20 seconds at 360*) and it seems like the design shrunk about 1/8".  Is this my imagination, or is there a difference in pressing the two types?

Guest fivestar

Only press each color for about 2-3 seconds peel mylar backing then press next color, when you press last color press it for the full time.

Guest fivestar

Are you pre-pressing the shirts good to get moisture out before pressing the design?

I use the Gilday 6.1oz ultra cotton almost exclusively with no problems.  Just ordered some Jerseys brand because that was the only brand that had all the sizes I needed for a quick order - very disappointed with the product - the color was dull and not as nice looking as the anvil or gildan and the shirts seemed thinner for what was supposed to be the same weight!

just my .02