Sign in to follow this  
bombora007

So, Ive drawn my vector in Inskscape, now what? Newbie question, be gentle!

So, Ive traced out the logo I want to use, which is 1 color, very simple.  Now that I have my image, what next?

Is inkscape the prog that does the cutting for the printer, or is this a case of draw in it in Inkscape and export it to the printer utility?

This is way more complicated than I realized, but obviously it can be done. All these settings! Wow.

Thanks so much for any help, Bombora007

Once you vectorize something with InkScape, or once you have created something in InkScape, just go to File, then Save As, and a window will pop up. At the top of the window- make sure you re-name, or name the file. Then, in the bottom right hand corner, make sure you select Encapsulated Postscript (.eps) from the drop-down menu so it is the correct vector format. Make sure you then point to were you want the file saved in the middle of the window, and click Save, or OK (I forget). Another tiny window should pop up, and just click OK on it. I think the middle box is the only box that should already be check marked on that little window that pops up.

Now your file is saved in a standard vector format, ready to be imported in to almost any vinyl cutting program. InkScape is not a cutting program.

Guest round2racing

Hey Ken,

Can you open .svg files in signblazer?

Are they better than .eps?

Hey Ken,

Can you open .svg files in signblazer?

Are they better than .eps?

SignCut will now open .svg files, but SignBlazer will not, no. So, .eps is the way to go. Almost every vinyl cutting program out there will import, or open, vectorized .eps files.

Guest round2racing

Man, I need to get SignCut.

My Cutter came with SBE.

Man, I need to get SignCut.

My Cutter came with SBE.

Well, SignBlazer will be fine for now, and did not cost anything, so use InkScape to design if you like it better, and just use SignBlazer as your cutting platform.

;)