Sign in to follow this  
tony046

drawing into inkscape

I'm no Inkscape expert but looking over the import list in Inkscape, it looks like you would have to save the Photoshop drawing as a gif or jpg (or some other file type that is in Inkscape's import list) and import it, then vectorize it.  Same for Corel, you will have to export it to a file type on Inkscape's import list and vectorize it.  I don't see any good vector file type that is importable by Inkscape.  Basically, you need to find a file type that Photoshop or Coreldraw will export that is also something that Inkscape will import.  Try several and see what works best for your application.

Sorry, not much help, but I thought I would give it a shot.  Someone else chime in if I am missing something. 

On the plus side, Inkscape does an excellent job vectorizing files most of the time.

You can almost use all file types in Inkscape and do wectorizing on it I usually export it as a .TIF then trace

it

You can use color or black & white

Bob Bigart

I will generally try whatever file extension that my graphic is in. If that doesn't work, then I usually will open it up in Fireworks first then save as either a .tif or .jpg. If Fireworks didn't work, then I give it a go in PhotoShop or AI (but my Adobe software is really outdated (PS6 & AI9).