Sign in to follow this  
Racingnut

Ken, Help again....

Ken,

It's Ryan, you helped me set up the usb connection for my Refine cutter. Worked fine, made some cuts.

Then unplugged everything to take the laptop to the couch, returned to the cutter and won't talk with the laptop.

Did it loose info when disconnected? Do I have to leave it hooked up 24/7?

Anyway, can ya help me get it up and running again?

Thanks, Ryan

Ken,

Well, I got it working.....

For some reason it will only cut once then I have to reboot everything....Any ideas?

Thanks, Ryan

I have to unplug and plug in my USB cord every time I turn the cutter off. The reason is,the connection on the cutter end isn't very tight. I can wiggle the usb connector side to side.

It is dropping the connection. Have you tried just unplugging the USB cable and pluging it back in instead of re-booting?

When you have to reboot everything is it because it locks up, or just does not communicate?

Well, the first time I had problems, I changed usb cables and now it cummnicates fine.

Now my problem is everytime I cut something, I go to cut the next SignBlazer freezes up. ;D

Thanks, Ryan

PS...other that that I love the cutter.....I will like the software more with I can afford the pro.

I've had this cutter for 2 weeks and just decided yesterday to mess with it. ;D

I thought I heard something about a Redsail patch.... Is this what I need? ;D

I read it on the forums some where...

Thanks, Ryan

Got your voicemail that said you would be available tomorrow (Sat), so I had planned on calling you then.

;D

That's fine, not sure you can find the problem.

I keep playing with it, at times it will do 2-3 cuts then lock up SignBlazer, sometimes just 1 cut and it will lock up.

Thanks, Ryan

OK- so finally got ahold of Ryan and this is what we found.....

After 1 or 2 successful cuts, the cutter would not respond to cut anymore, and the settings were still the same. By clicking on Cancel for the current job not cutting, the software would lock up until he unplugged the USB cable and then plugged it back in. Then the job would cancel and the software would unlock. He would then be able to cut maybe 1 or 2 more and the same thing would happen again.

I had him try another comuter using the trial version of SBE, and we were able to cut several in a row without the issue. This led me to believe it was the original computer causing the issue.

I went back to his original system and disabled all of his startup programs and rebooted. To do so, you click Start, then Run, then type in MSCONFIG, and click OK. Click on the startup tab and Disable All. Then reboot.

We tried to cut again and he was able to cut several on the orginal machine without issues. There was obviously a software conflict with one of the programs in his startup menu that was causing the problem. BannerJohn- you may want to try the same thing if you have to unplug your cable sometimes as well.

;D

no,Ken...I know it's the plug being lose,I can brush against it and hear the 'ding' or whatever that XP makes when the USB connection is lost. Once I start cutting,I can cut all day without a problem. I"ve never had a problem with a dropped connection or not cutting once I get started.

I also have a program installed called "Codestuff Starter" which allows me to decide what programs launch at start-up,without having to use the MsConfig thing. Neat little application.

Oh my, well Banner and Racingnut.....I guess I jumped the gun and thought we nailed it down.      :throw:

Racingnut- I would try your home system for a few hours to see if it ever does the same thing on it, instead of your laptop. I assume you did not enable any of the startup programs that I disabled on the laptop? hmmm...... let me know how the home system performs...

Banner- you are probably right, a loose connection......was just some wishful thinking on my part, but now that you explain it that way.....it is not the system. Have not heard of Codestuff Starter, but it sounds like a great application.

Ken,

Need some help, check your email.....

Question for other Refine owners, There is a little red led on the same side as the USB connection, Does the little red led light up at all and when? I'm having connection problems and now no connection and led never comes on.

I'm in a jam, Thanks!

Ryan

It Monday, haven't heard from you....

I need a new USB port to fix the cutter, it's dead. I need it next day air to me, I will pay shipping.

Call me ASAP, I need the cutter working by Tuesday night....

Ryan

817-300-4879

Ken,

Sorry for the long delay.....Everything is working with out any problems.

I have been buzy with the cutter :angry:.

I will try posting some picuters a little later of the race cars and signs I made for the race at Texas Motor Speedway.

Thanks, Ryan