Sign in to follow this  
Danieve

have to reinstall laserpoint & having problems

I had to wipe out my laptop so now I have to re-install my Laserpoint.  I remember having issues when I initially set it up, but I wasn't smart enough to do screen prints of everything so I could get all the settings correct.  I've tried both the USB cable and the serial adapter (which is what I usually use with it).  I have a Windows XP laptop & use sign-cut X2 (which has already been re-installed on the system). 

I've finally gotten it to talk to my laptop (I think) but it keeps hitting the red stop button on the right. 

I'm totally stressing out as I use my cutter trackside & have a big event this weekend.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

;D

Open SignCut, then go to Cutter Settings: What you got for the top 3 selections?

US Cutter

US Cutter Laserpoint 24

Radio Shack USB to Serial Cable (com 5)

Settings are correct.

Are you setting the origin on the cutter correctly? In other words, if you take the unit offline, then move the carriage left or right, or advance or retract the material, you then must press the button in the middle of the arrows to zero out the origin. If this is not done, when you go to cut, it will return to original origin first....

If this is not the case- then you may need to upgrade to SignCut Productivity Pro.

Guest round2racing

Danieve,

I did the same thing, over and over and over.

Press menu - use the arrow buttons to put your cutter head at a good starting point.  Also, do not put your vinyl right next to the right hand side.  Press the button in the center of the arrows and this will set your starting point.  If you set these right, the carriage will not go over to the right side and press the cutoff button.

I actually line up my material with the sticker that came on the front of the cutter (cheater, huh?).  I've learned the hard way to always zero out before going back on-line, but as soon as I hit cut it still rolls the vinyl backwards and hits the kill switch.  Any more ideas out there?

Also, is Sign Cut Productivity Pro different from Sign-cut x2?  I do all my design in Illustrator and just use sign-cut to send it to the cutter. 

Anxiety attack coming soon!

I actually line up my material with the sticker that came on the front of the cutter (cheater, huh?).  I've learned the hard way to always zero out before going back on-line, but as soon as I hit cut it still rolls the vinyl backwards and hits the kill switch.  Any more ideas out there?

Also, is Sign Cut Productivity Pro different from Sign-cut x2?  I do all my design in Illustrator and just use sign-cut to send it to the cutter. 

Anxiety attack coming soon!

Yes, Productivity Pro is the latest release which has been built to handle the information from these Chinese import vinyl cutters a lot better. So, the next step would be to upgrade the cutting software.

Maybe reading the document in the top reply of this url

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,17489.0.html

might help to trouble shoot a little more.

If you get Signblazer Elements to work SCX2 will work too.

If I was you I would send an email to Signcut to ask to upgrade to SC PRO.

It has nice features Illu and Corel user like.

Let us know if you get it to work.

Paco

If you are unable to get your issue resolved here please send me an email at support.uscutter.com so we can get a remote desktop session going.