Sign in to follow this  
marcmcm

Stil having connection problems

Recently had to switch from a Parallel connection to a Serial to USB connection.  Installed the USB 2.0 driver and I get nothing.  Checked all the port settings in the device manager and in Signcut x2.  I even tried downloading signblazer and I can't get the cutter to move at all. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best suggestion I can offer is to install an I/O card to give you an LPT1  parallel port and use that to run your Copam.  I have only used mine through LPT1 and never yet had a problem - 2 years next month - LOTS of cutting!!  I see problems with USB connections driving folks nuts.  Life is too short to deal with the headaches - add a parallel port and be done with it.

-Mike

Submit a support ticket, and USCutter may even be able to login in to your computer to troubleshoot the connection issues: www.support.uscutter.com

I'm curious to this solution as well.  I just ran into this issue tonight trying to cut.  I have had off/on issues with my USB to USB working than not working(I have read & installed all correct drivers).  First problem was after not using the plotter then when I would turn on plotter and attempt to send a cut command it would just start stuttering back & forth against right side of plotter.  Only way to get to work was to reinstall SignX2 and then it would work great while it was on.  But after shutting down would have to do same thing to get to work again. 

Did this 4-5 times until tonight where it worked for a one test cut and than freaked out when trying a production run.  I shut plotter off and rebooted computer, reinstalled SignX2(like always) and it went back to stuttering against right side of plotter again no matter what i tried.  I reinstalled everything and now I get nothing like marcmcm.  btw, it does test cuts from button on Copam no problem.  I guess my best bet is to take Mike's advice, add a parallel port and hope that works.  I did call last friday and left a message for tech support about the reinstalling SignX2 issue but I never received a call back from ;D

I'm curious to this solution as well.  I just ran into this issue tonight trying to cut.  I have had off/on issues with my USB to USB working than not working(I have read & installed all correct drivers).  First problem was after not using the plotter then when I would turn on plotter and attempt to send a cut command it would just start stuttering back & forth against right side of plotter.  Only way to get to work was to reinstall SignX2 and then it would work great while it was on.  But after shutting down would have to do same thing to get to work again. 

Did this 4-5 times until tonight where it worked for a one test cut and than freaked out when trying a production run.  I shut plotter off and rebooted computer, reinstalled SignX2(like always) and it went back to stuttering against right side of plotter again no matter what i tried.  I reinstalled everything and now I get nothing like marcmcm.  btw, it does test cuts from button on Copam no problem.  I guess my best bet is to take Mike's advice, add a parallel port and hope that works.  I did call last friday and left a message for tech support about the reinstalling SignX2 issue but I never received a call back from ;D

Left a message and never got a call back? Hmmm, I thought they had more man power on the phones....did you try submitting a support ticket?  ;D

I did not submit a support ticket as i felt it was just a nuisance to have to reinstall SignX2 but with new issues i may.  i want to try parallel port first as I understand it is the most stable and i dont have a dedicated computer so I think parallel port will be the best bet.  is there any reason i should stick with USB???

I did not submit a support ticket as i felt it was just a nuisance to have to reinstall SignX2 but with new issues i may.  i want to try parallel port first as I understand it is the most stable and i dont have a dedicated computer so I think parallel port will be the best bet.  is there any reason i should stick with USB???

If one works better than the other....go with it. You will not know if the LPT is an improvement unless you try it. USB is fine, as long as it is not the reason for the cutter issues.