Sign in to follow this  
Southern Girl

What machine to buy?

I am trying to decide what is the best machine for me to buy?  I am new to the vinyl business.  I am interested in making wall word, tiles, and other home decor items. I was considering the Co-pam, but price wise was looking at the Pcut.  Then Ken suggested the Mh over the Pcut.  I thought by reading the info on the site that the Pcut was a step above the Mh.  Now I'm confused. Also, how easy are these machines to use.  I am not a big computer person.

I was looking at the same choice, and everyone seems to recommend the MH over the pcut or the lp.  I ordered an MH, but haven't gotten it yet so I can't give you much info on it.  Seems like from reading on the forum it has a lot less communication problems then the pcut does. Everyone that has an MH seems to like it so that's what I went with

I have had my PCut for a year and a half. I am very happy with it. My only issue has been the USB connection.

I purchase an MH-721 recently after doing a bunch of looking around on the forums.  I was trying to decide between the LP and MH, seems most recommended the MH so that's what I went with since I don't have plans to contour cut.  I bought mine direct from USCutter vs eBay for the longer warranty (12 months vs 3 months).  I've done a few things with it and have had no issues. 

-Cody

Both machines are a good choice...

With owning both(at the same time), I can tell you there are minor pros and cons between both machines. The refine is a little more user freindly, but I think the pcut(when properly setup) cut a tad better.

I too am getting into the vinyl letter business. Just decorative also, tiles, wood and walls. I've been looking for about a week now and this is the hardest part of starting my business is picking the machine. I'm so confused and know nothing about any of this as i am just starting out.  I want it to be at least 24" wide when cuttering my largest letter, but so far that's all i know. :thumbsup:

So anymore advise you have would be AWESOME!!!

Refine MH-721 or Creation PCUT seem to be about the same and are about $375 or less.  The Copam CP-2500 is really the next step up in my mind and its about $750.  Then if you are really serious the Graphtec would be the top of the line for me at about $1300 (this is what I own and love).  I'd recommend starting out with the Refine MH-721 and then later you'll know what you want better and the Refine will make a nice backup cutter.

Refine MH-721 or Creation PCUT seem to be about the same and are about $375 or less.  The Copam CP-2500 is really the next step up in my mind and its about $750.  Then if you are really serious the Graphtec would be the top of the line for me at about $1300 (this is what I own and love).  I'd recommend starting out with the Refine MH-721 and then later you'll know what you want better and the Refine will make a nice backup cutter.

+1 :thumbsup:

Hello ,im also a newbie to the vinyl biz,i was wondering is the PH good for cutting the paper used for pressing onto tishirts?

The inkjet transfer paper?

What do think about the US cutter 24" Laser point cutter w/contour

cutting feather?

With out stand is only $419.00

M2k, any of them will cut heat transfer material. It's just a different kind application than vinyl.

I have a Laserpoint 24, and I love it. I have cut everything from 1/2" X 3" decals to text 23.5" H x 12' long with out any problem. It obviously doesn't cut as well as the upper end Copam or Graphtecs, but it's making me enough money to be looking at a Graphtec real soon. The Pcut is supposedly the same internals as the LP without the laser alignment.

Make sure to read throught he forums for these cutters and make your choice based on the things you want and the things you don't.

I read these forums for weeks before I decided on the LP24, in the end the Kewl RED color swayed me, as well as the contour cut feature ( that I haven't had time to use yet lol.)

Good Luck

Kevin

Personally I think either machine is good, I really like my refine, it has its quirks but it cuts good for the most part. 

As far as are these machines easy to use?  Yes and No.  I work on computers all day every day, and I thought it was a breeze, others ahve alot more problems.  The BIGGEST thing people have to understand is making and using vector graphics.  Do some research on what a vector graphic is compared to a raster graphic.  Once you understand a vector graphic and how it works, you will be golden.

M2k, any of them will cut heat transfer material. It's just a different kind application than vinyl.

I have a Laserpoint 24, and I love it. I have cut everything from 1/2" X 3" decals to text 23.5" H x 12' long with out any problem. It obviously doesn't cut as well as the upper end Copam or Graphtecs, but it's making me enough money to be looking at a Graphtec real soon. The Pcut is supposedly the same internals as the LP without the laser alignment.

Make sure to read throught he forums for these cutters and make your choice based on the things you want and the things you don't.

I read these forums for weeks before I decided on the LP24, in the end the Kewl RED color swayed me, as well as the contour cut feature ( that I haven't had time to use yet lol.)

Good Luck

Kevin

Thanks for the heads up Kevin ,im about a week into this forum and i wont purchase for another 2 so im going to digest as much as i can.So far the LaserPoint is my choice. 

Personally I wouldn't buy a LP unless you are sure you are going to be doing contour cutting.  I think alot of people spend the extra money and never use it. 

I agree and I think if you are seriously wanting to contour cut you should go ahead and get the Graphtec or Craft Robo Pro.

I agree and I think if you are seriously wanting to contour cut you should go ahead and get the Graphtec or Craft Robo Pro.

Plus one to what he said!

I purchased the PCut 24" almost 2 years ago. Had an issue with getting my computer to work with it, Ken took care of that for me.  I love It.  I also am doing the Home Wall, Tiles, Decor stuff.  Here is my web site.  www.putthewritingonthewall.com 

;)

Mary Ann

I did not know anything about the machine(s) or the business. I still don't. But I bought a Copam 2500. I paid for this machine (net profit) in 1 month. Very simple machine to use. You could order this machine and make enough to pay for it beofre your credit card is due.  Best of luck!

maryann your website is great...these are the things I would love to make.... Would you mind telling me the things I would need to do this.  I know I need a cutter and vinyl of course....do i need to print with special inks. Thanks

Mary

I purchased the PCut 24" almost 2 years ago. Had an issue with getting my computer to work with it, Ken took care of that for me.  I love It.  I also am doing the Home Wall, Tiles, Decor stuff.  Here is my web site.   www.putthewritingonthewall.com 

:lol:

Mary Ann

Hi!

I've been doing the wallword and tile thing for over a year now. I bought the refine and have absolutely loved it.  It's not as loud as I thought it would be. I can cut while my kids are asleep and it doesn't wake them.

If you have any questions about this type of business send me a pm. I'd love to help.