dhollins

EPS File trouble

Guest stunad, jr.

opens fine for me in x4 but I have to import it as editable/convert to curves.  Otherwise I see the corel 12 box if I check "place as encapsulated postscript". 

I tried to import it and just open it in x4 -  I didn't have any problems. Try posting a screen shot so we can see what your getting.

Peabody

Guest stunad, jr.

I tried to import it and just open it in x4 -  I didn't have any problems. Try posting a screen shot so we can see what your getting.

Peabody

this is what I get when I try to open it as .eps

post-0-12986535730454_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986535741788_thumb.jpg

Yes! Thanks Stunad! Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Why does it do that?

I saw that in the preview-but the file opened ok. One thing I did notice was when I went to save it. The file name had 2 dots <wilecoyote1a..cdr> . I'm not sure where that came from. I don't know if you actually were able to open them before, so I attached a eps and CDR (x4) file.

Peabody

wilecoyote1a.zip

wilecoyote1a.eps

wilecoyote1a.zip

wilecoyote1a.eps

Nope. I was never able to open it from the start. I couldn't view either of the ones you posted either. With the .cdr file it opens but nothing is there. In the .eps file, I get the same message as before.

Kind of weird. Maybe I need to re-install Coreldraw.

Occasionally I'll have a file do that and if I "open" instead of "import" it will open correctly.

Be sure you are choosing "PS, EPS, PRN-PostScript" as the file type instead of "EPS".  Using the "EPS" filetype import just inserts a placeholder for the eps file without actually importing the vectors.