Sign in to follow this  
gina0308

Laserpoint 24 and SignBlazer Help Needed

I am ready to throw my Laserpoint out the window. Got my Laserpoint last week, set it up, installed SignBlazer. When I tell it to cut, it says it is sending to cutter, but nothing happens.

I have the cutter hooked up to the computer with a USB to Serial Cable, because I first had it hooked up with USB to USB, from reading all the posts, it could have been the problem. I have checked the baud rate, they match up. I have unstalled everything and reinstalled.

Wow! I am having the exact same problem. Got mine a week ago too. I tried to set it up today and I get the same message you do. I am however using USB only connection with my HP laptop. Very frustrating and I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. I'll keep searching the forum for answers.

Open SignBlazer, then go to Cutter, then Setup, and let me know what you have for the top 2 selections?

Now click on Comm Settings, and let me know what you have for each selection...

Under Setup - USCutter LaserPoint - Blazer Comm 8 - USB to Serial

Comm Settings

Baud Rate : 9600

Data Bits: 8

Parity: None

Stop Bits: 1

Flow Control: Hardware

Finally figured it out. For some reason my computer wanted to assign my cutter to comm 22. I just renamed it to comm 2 to match everything else and the cutter fired right up. Hope that makes sense. I just kept searching threads until it fianally clicked....... about 6hrs. later. Good luck :thumbsup:

I had some of the same issues using the USB port.  I downloaded driver updates..thats what worked for me.