allsorts

Long banner

Hi,I'm trying to make a message out of 1 piece of vinyl its a website address which needs to be 2 meters long,the problem I have is the cutter rather than using the length of the vinyl uses the width which it cant do as its only 24 inches wide.

Am I doing something wrong,I have tried various sizes on the software "artcut" but it keeps trying to cut the width and not the length.

Many thanks in advance.

Don't you have an area in your software that you can rotate your image before it sends to cutter?  Sending it length. not width ,,,check any "help" areas on your software..

Hi.

Tried doing that but it doesn't make a difference its as if the cutter is reading it backwards but when you try to adjust it just does the same.its ok untill you go any size bigger than an A4 sheet.

Thanks

I managed to get somewhere with this but it still aint right the cutter is the same as this one http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,14194.0.html in this section.

Another point is the measurements in the fonts are not right I'm choosing 50mm and its printing 30mm letters.when you look at the cutter from the front the lettering is upside down,that is, you have to go behind the machine to read what you are printing or cutting! is this right.

Checked mirror,nearly had it going on a couple of lines of text added some more to be sure and it started again.

Could it be the wrong driver installed for the machine as several machines look alike but go under different names, this one I have is ROHS Its not on the list of drivers on the cd.

Checked mirror,nearly had it going on a couple of lines of text added some more to be sure and it started again.

Could it be the wrong driver installed for the machine as several machines look alike but go under different names, this one I have is ROHS Its not on the list of drivers on the cd.

that would do it.

The only problem being which one is it.The machine has Model MT871 and 0469 ROHS on the side.Its being run at the moment with roland CAMM-1 1000

Many thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

:huh: ??? :huh: ??? sorted it out.I set the machine to use dmpl ignored the settings on the fonts and used a trial run on one letter to get it right.Run a test run and hey presto. :thumbsup:

Many many thanks for all your help. :thumbsup: