Sign in to follow this  
roketa36

here are a few

Hi guys I started a business selling r/c plane parts and doing vinyl for them. I picked up my vinyl cutter about 3 weeks ago and love it. I have to say it is a addiction. I find myself on this forum looking up how to do diffrent thing and trying them out. here are two of my current projects. One is going to be my tailgate on my truck and the other is going to be the side of my trailer.On the trailer one you willl see the lght outlines on the vent area in the upper left and the fender that the little guy is standing on. I measure the distances out from the edges to come up with the placement and input the items using the polyline in signblazer. Is that the best way to do it or is there a easier way.I was also wonder on the tailgate on my double layered "graphics" text. What is the best way to cut that. I did one before and laid the top color over the bottom color.Then I trimed the edge and got rid of the top layer and the extra bottom layer so that  I could lay a new top layer against the one that was the bottom layer.  I know that was a waste of vinyl but I had to get it done for someone. Can someone help me with a better way to do that. The programs that I am working withare Sign Blazer, Inkscape, and paint.  I also Just finished a banner and will have to get some pictures of that also. let me know what you guys thing.

Tom

post-4450-12986535540607_thumb.jpg

post-4450-12986535540966_thumb.jpg

post-4450-12986535551798_thumb.jpg

post-4450-12986535552013_thumb.jpg

Hey Tom:  Looks good.  But I would change the font on the first pictures web address.  Too hard to read.  Maybe its just the pic.

Remember:  Don't mix and match too many fonts together. 

later...

Pappy

Nice job!  I agree about not having to many different fonts!

Jfought, thanks for the great file!  :thumbsup:

I'm a R/C pilot as well!!!

I'm addicted to R/C!!!

I've a vinil Cutter too..

Are you sure you aren't me?

hihihihi. Just kidding, I'm from Brazil...

Great job!

Mauricio

Thanks guys for the comments. I will look into the font thing and the web address. How many font do you guy recommend max per piece. I think the trailer has 3 and the tail gate has 4.

Also can anyone help me with my question about the double layered text thanks.

MVarzoni what type of aircraft do you fly.

<How many font do you guy recommend max per piece>

Fonts that do not go together tend to look unprofessional.  I generally use one font for all of the address, phone, etc..

and another to get my point accross.  Too many different style fonts just makes it hard to read.

Study ads in magazines, billboards, etc.  You'll get an idea of what works, and what doesn't.

Also, try variations of the same font if you need something a little different.  Bold, larger, smaller...  sometimes will make

a world of difference with the same font.

And remember some fonts are just plain easy to read.  They don't look fantsy, or blow you away, but they are easy to read.

Thats what you're shooting for.  To get your message read. 

later...

Pappy

Thanks Pappy. I will have to pay more attention to ads lol. I see where you are coming from and thanks for the tip on playing with the same just in diffrent variations.

Tom

Thanks guys for the comments. I will look into the font thing and the web address. How many font do you guy recommend max per piece. I think the trailer has 3 and the tail gate has 4.

Also can anyone help me with my question about the double layered text thanks.

MVarzoni what type of aircraft do you fly.

Rocketa I fly 25%s and small shock flyers. Basically, everything but helis.

How many font do you guy recommend max per piece>

Fonts that do not go together tend to look unprofessional.  I generally use one font for all of the address, phone, etc..

and another to get my point accross.  Too many different style fonts just makes it hard to read.

Study ads in magazines, billboards, etc.  You'll get an idea of what works, and what doesn't.

Also, try variations of the same font if you need something a little different.  Bold, larger, smaller...  sometimes will make

a world of difference with the same font.

And remember some fonts are just plain easy to read.  They don't look fantsy, or blow you away, but they are easy to read.

Thats what you're shooting for.  To get your message read. 

later...

Pappy

I agree 100% I've seen some really nice work get bogged down with someone getting font happy.

General design rule, don't use more than 2 fonts on a single design. Too many looks very cluttered no matter if it's not. The use of fonts may appear "cool" but it's bringing down the overall quality. for the website you want something very clear and easy to read. I'm not saying to use Arial, but use something that looks good and is clear.