Sign in to follow this  
sarconastic

My first truck magnet.

Here's a Magnet I did for a friend. He has had to start doing basic handyman service just to keep food on the table,due tot eh lack of jobs here right now. So I went out in my shed, and found a set of magnets I had made for my company 12-13 years ago( I paid a fortune for them back then even, around $98 for the pair). they been hanging there for 7-8 years. Anyway my friend didn't have any advertising on his truck, and wasn't sure he could keep making the payments on it. So I took my old signs, stripped them down and re-vinyled them for him. He gave me his business card (which I used as a sort of template) and we talked about signs for his truck. But he just can't afford it right now. So tomorrow I am going over to give him a set of magnets, and hopefully help his business take off a little. And hopefully he'll talk and help mine take off too. This guy used to work for me when I had the home improvement company that the magnets are from. Everyone needs a hand now an then.

Before and after.

post-4426-1298653511319_thumb.jpg

post-4426-12986535113452_thumb.jpg

post-4426-12986535129055_thumb.jpg

post-4426-12986535129217_thumb.jpg

Looks good!

Today a local guy starting a lawn company ordered 2 yard signs and i threw in 3 free small logo stickers 12x4" and he was tickled to death with them  :thumbsup:

This is something your buddy will appreciate - and I hope it helps him - and you get more business - good looking out and helping out - it will come back to you.

-Mike

Guest kenya

Nice work on the layout.

Word of mouth is the best. He'll really tell people about you after this nice job.  :thumbsup:

It was like a touch of fate today. I was going to wait to run into this guy at our local lumberyard and give them to him.

I had a job to do here in town, and when I pulled around the corner next to the house I was going to, there was his truck. He was working on a house 2 doors downs. So I jumped out and slapped the magnets on his truck, then went up and knocked on the door. He came out a looked and was really grateful. It made me feel really good to help a friend.

And he'll talk to everyone about them and definitely get me some business. Plus I needed the experience making a set of these. I used both the wet and dry method to apply the colors, so I could see the way i wanted to do it in the future. I applied the white dry, using the hinge method. then applied the Yellow and red wet. Both way worked really good, but I think I like the wet method for that one. I applied the green background wet too. Made that go a lot easier. No Bubble other than the bumps from the original magnet that I couldn't get smoothed out perfect. Overall a good learning experience.

Nice job and that is what friends are for if more people would look out for others and lean a hand when in need thing would be better.