Sign in to follow this  
firesignz

HELP!!! Laserpoint 24 suddenly not closing all cuts

I have discovered YESTERDAY that my laserpoint 24 has suddenly become very unreliable.  After three flawless months with this cutter, I am now experiencing a very difficult time in that it is not closing 95% of the cuts in my projects.  Big or small doesn't matter. I have searched the boards to look for the solution to what seems to be a common problem.  So far I have tried lubricating the blade holder, modifying its position, used two new blades (40 and 60) and modified speed and pressure.  Also I have tried every material from the CHEAPEST garbage vinyl all the way through MacTac 8300, 9800 and 6600.  The same problem exists.  I have checked the grey plastic cutting platen and it is pretty clean with VERY little wear. 

Lastly I am experiencing this problem with both Sign Blazer elements AND Flexi Sign 7.5.  I am using both new and old designs all of which have cut through CLEANLY in the past week.  I have three large jobs due by the end of this week and am quite concerned that I will not be able to deliver on time.  Any other ideas as to what else if anything I can try. 

I really would like to avoid abandoning my LP24 and having to go and layout big money for a new cutter from a local distributor.  This machine has worked so well up til now, I would hate to see it have such a catastrophic operational problem.

Have you tried adjusting the Offset values in SignBlazer or Flexi?

I am using Oracal 765 Vinyl and been trying to fine tune and still having a problems.  I am using a 45 Degree blade down presure seems fine.  I guess what I am asking does anyone have some general setting they can share. 

I should mention, my vinyl closes fine just the fine cuts pulls off when weeding.

Did you check if the hexagon screws that hold the 2 large knurled feed rollers are tightend?

Paco

Yes I started at 10 and went as high as 40 and no differents.  cuts fine but weeding is tough with stuff like small eyes.  Seems to cut but weed and off they come

The black set screws are at each end of the feed rollers.

If you cant see them switch plotter off and turn the roller by hand untill they appear.

Use a correct sized hexagon tool to tighten them up if they are loose.

Paco