Anytime72

Laserpoint 24" and Signcut

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this software to work with this cutter? Every time I try to cut an image or do a test cut it runs off and hits the red button on the right side of the cuter (facing machine). I tried to look everywhere on this forum and tried most suggestions and no luck. I've installed a copy of Sign Blazer and it works without any problems. I tried to make sure that both setings on both softwares are the same. Way too many hours testing and trying out different things for something that you purchase and should work out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

Walter

Walter,

You said test cut does not work either.

Have you tried the testcut in SigncutX2?

Paco

you are correct, Every time I try to do anything the rollers move the mterial backwards and the cutter moves to the right and hits the red buttons. I've tried many different things maybe I'm missing something. I walked away and tried it again a few hours later still no luck. Can someone do a step by step walk through on origin the cutter and doing a test cut. It still can cut from Sign blazer but I would like to use the corel feature and possibly the contour cut feature if I can get the basics to work.

Thanks

Walter

Walter,

Switch off the cutter.

Remove the knife.

Place the head manually in the middle.

Switch on the cutter.

Open Signcut X2 program

Go to FILE, CUTTING, TESTCUT (translated as I run a dutch lanquage version) and click the button once.

It now should move in a double square.

Let me know if that works.

This is nothing special but we have to check step by step.

And do not give up.

I have done some long nights works to get all under control and found it the hard way too.

It all should work out of the box but you know now sometimes things are not going the way you want ;-(

If the testcut works I will guide you through the contour cut ;-)

Paco

Paco,

Thanks for the help and th steps. I believe I have done this along with every other possible scenerio. It is pretty straight forward and I can't see where I'm going wrong and where the problem are. Are there any settings in the cutter set up screen that I can try to change that might help?

Walter, Nope!

Sorry, but keep smiling.

I have no options anymore if already the signcut testcut lets the head move to the switch.

If SB or any other program just cuts fine the it should be SCX2 but who am I to tell you that? ;-).

Only be prepared if you mail SCX2 support to have not an answer in a short while.

I am waiting as are others to get answers on questions.

Looks to be a one man show.

If some can correct me please do so always willing to learn

Regards, Paco

PS are driver and cutter both set at 9600 BAUD?

Well it's a new day and I will not be able to try again until later tonight so I'm hopig someone from Signcut or US cutter can chime in a give some new suggestions before I get home tonight. I'm running out of patience with this software.

Sorry,

Disgard my last sentence about  9600 baud setting.

Paco,

Also forgot to mention this but when using Corel I cannot use the application launcher for sign-it/Sign cut.

And just so I know I'm not missing anything what is the correct driver to use?

Thanks

Do you have an other PC to try the LE demo version?

If so try it and do not use your serialnumber for the PE version as this cost you leases of the 5 you get in total or are you working with a dongle version.

In my case the launcher for both are working fine.

So I suspect it is more related to the PC hardware/software you are using.

Regards, paco

On some computers, SignCut needs to be closed for the Corel plug-in to work properly.

I tried to install a copy on another older laptop, it's not hooked upo to the internet and I cannot get the program to start. I've tried several times tonight to get this problem resolved. The same thing happens regardless of what I do. The cutter goes to the right nd smacks the red buttons and the feed rollers move the material away from the machine and continue to run and the display on the machine show waiting. Too bad the software (Signcut) looks good and looks like it would compliment the Laserpoint cutter.

Last call. Is there anything in the driver that can be altered to make this work......................

I am not sure what could be causing your difficulty, please contact me directly at kimon@signforums.com, please give me copies of any tickets you have submitted to our support site or their refference numbers and I w2ill do what I can to solve your problem immediately.

Hello,

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Every time it try to do a test cut in S C X2 the carriage just goes all the way to the left and hits the switch. Resetting the vinyl size and resetting the carriage position do nothing. In other test modes laser wont jog at all. Man what gives here. I am using SCX2 because contour cutting in SB elements is impossible because when you go to cut a print the layout changes from portrait to landscape and vice versa, and the registration marks are magically on the sides of the image instead of the bottom . Can anybody please help!!!

Like Kimon said submit a ticket to Signcut.

But let us know the result here too.

Paco

Sounds like you may be using the wrong cutter in the cutter dialog box or some of the default settings have been changed.

First thing I would suggest is you submit a ticket to support@sc-x2.com be sure to send a sample file.

Next open Signcut click the cutter button and be sure you are using the correct plotter. Next if you are using the Pro version click settings and then choose reset defaults and test again.

I am experiencing some of the same problems with signcut everything has worked fine except the contour cut, when I go to the align registration marks panel it stops working. I submitted a ticket to support, but after a series of question and answers they stopped responding ?

Send me an email with your license information and registered email address and I will look it up and find out why your ticket was closed or put on hold.

Mainly the questions were on how my cutter was connected, whether usb or serial, what my settings were, whether I had tried it with usb, what cutter I had selected in the set up. My only problem with the software is it would not communicate through the alignment panel for contour cut.

What were the questions?

Paco

It appears there may have been a setting change in the most recent build that might conflict with the Laserpoint. We are testing and should we be able to duplicate and reslove your trouble we will upload a revision and send you a download link. Please stand by for more details.

Thank you for your looking into it, did not have this problem with signcutx2 until I upgraded to production pro.

Feel free in the meantime to go to www.sc-x2.com/trial and register for and download a new trial of x2. Once you have the new license pm it to me and I will extend it for you so you may run it while we help trouble shoot the pro version for you.