Sign in to follow this  
NutttSo

signs

signs I have done a long long time ago, before the computer. hand designed, hand drawn patterns, and hand painted,

yep thats me hanging by my toenails doing a billboard, did 3 of them 1 in place the 2 others from the board up, the funiture plus is 15 feet by 5 foot and had to get on top of a van to paint the wall, some I made paterns for some are free hand,

NutttSo

post-3939-12986534599425_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986534599887_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986534600223_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986534608618_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986534608903_thumb.jpg

post-3939-12986534609137_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing those with us!

When I was young, I remember an old family friend who had a sign shop that I would visit occasionally... I was always fascinated by what these guys did and how they did it.

-M

I married into a sign painting family many years ago. My ex-wife could paint text straighter than I can cut it with a cutter. Some of the lettering was so detailed she used an artist brush that only had a few hairs in it.

I am SO glad I don't have to do that anymore.

yep I remember those days, sometimes I would go up draw 2 lines and next thing you knew there was lettering there, I can't draw a picture to save my life but I sure can paint letters, but am so glad I have the cutter now it's does all the work,

NutttSo

I'll give you guys credit, I could never paint that straight. True talent.

I was a sign painter for 20 years, doing hand lettering, 4 years ago I had a stroke and can't hold my arms up to paint anymore, after a year of recovering, I desided to get the cutter, it was the best thing that could happen to me, before I had to hump my hinny to get jobs and spend hours painting, now I sell on the net and just fill orders. and pop them in the mail, without leaving my house, I love it,

now I do lettering and graphics, etched glass, bumperstickers and stickers, I sell all from my website, I am not getting rich or even making a living from it but it is keeping me busy and putting a little extra cash in my pocket.

NutttSo