Sign in to follow this  
cegglestn

SB new problem part 2....

well i contacted dell, they updated the usb drivers and still no go for the problem.  They told me that the usb driver isnt 100% compatible with vista and I needed to update the driver for the usb to min usb connection.  Well with SB having problems in court there is no new update for the driver and what I hear is why the made the serial connection to the newer cutters.  Dell gave me a few options:

1.  update the driver

2.  just install xp (which voids the software warranty)

3.  have someone do a dual boot for xp and vista, so you can go back and forth (which also voids the software warranty)

4.  contact uscutter to see if I can purchase the serial connection for my pcut ct630.

Option #1 is the best bet but for now its a no go.  Option #4 is the next step, I hope I can order one to solve all these problems!!!  I really hate to purchase a licensed xp operating system or even pay someone to make it a dual boot configuration.

US CUTTER please offer us the serial connection please for us who have the older usb to mini usb cutters!!!!!

Just wanted to share my findings.

Is there anyone running vista and SB in trial mode that there is no problems via usb to mini usb?  If so can you post all your drivers?

Not many out there, thank goodness.

Have you tried any other computers besides the Dell?

I am running SB Trial and Vista 32 with a USB Port.  I have HP dv2910us with 3M Ram and a 250 MB hard drive.  Once I set up using the instructions given I haven't had any problems.  I'm not sure what driver I am using but it is the one that came with the software and when I bought my refine.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones.  I'll see if I can find out what the driver is.

Gary

Not many out there, thank goodness.

Have you tried any other computers besides the Dell?

I had the sb elements installed on my old desktop running xp had no problems, recieved a nasty virus and the computer was so old that I just purchased a new laptop with vista home edition sp1, 2ghz, 4.0gb, 32 bit operating system with 500gb.  This is all I have for the bus.  I need to get things going back up again, this pulling the usb cable out and restarting the cutter because it locks up SB and reset everything is for the birds.

I am running SB Trial and Vista 32 with a USB Port.  I have HP dv2910us with 3M Ram and a 250 MB hard drive.  Once I set up using the instructions given I haven't had any problems.  I'm not sure what driver I am using but it is the one that came with the software and when I bought my refine.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones.  I'll see if I can find out what the driver is.

Gary

Are you using a usb connection to the pc and serial connection to the cutter?  If not can you plug in your usb connection go to device manager click on the usb port and click the drivers tab and list whats there please.

thanks

Well do you know that in vista you have to run sb in administrator for it work.there is a therd on the forum.

Well do you know that in vista you have to run sb in administrator for it work.there is a therd on the forum.

Yes I do know that

Well so far I noticed if I dont plug in the type a usb connector all the way in on my usb ports it works great, contacted dell again to see if its the ports are bad, but connected other usb devices and they work flawlessly.  Its pretty strange.  Ive tried 2 different cables with all the same results.  Further info probably in the next few days.

Well no solution to this so I just purchased a cheap laptop with xp on it, gonna use it strictly for cutting.  Maybe in the future windows will fix the usb problem.

this truley is weird i run usb, and 64 bit, and vista dell, desktop, no issues other than, everyonce in a while i have to unplug and replug my usb,, to make sure the driver is recognized....

MMM

well i moved the cutter back to the desktop with xp and it never gives me problems except for today.  Its doing the same thing as my laptop did, cut a little and froze up SB.  Restarted SB unplugged the usb and plugged it in again to get 1 cut, I tried another cut and it froze. The only thing I did to the cutter recently was attach it to the cutter stand.  Im wondering if its the cutter or if the stand had anything to do with it.  It always worked great on the table.  Now im having problems let n write.

I have a lot of static issues, at this time of year, i am grounded, but i can tell you that, that sometimes depending what i have on, or in my hands, will set the cutter into wild mode,, also if i have a roll of vinyl that carries alot of static, my cuts are good untill it starts to unroll,, if i remember to wipe it down with a dryer sheet i am ok,, Mine is also on a stand,,

I also have a new rhinestone cutter that is not on a stand, but i am trying to figure out what to do with the rolls,,

Take it off the stand and see if that helps.

Sandy Jo ;)