Sign in to follow this  
SEA_TEC

Is there a free/cheap "cut only" program out there ?

I recieved my USCutter MH-1351 with signblazer and never could get it to work. I downloaded Signcutx2 and worked great, but I can't see paying for a program over and over. I use Corel X4 for all my design work, I just need a cut program. What is out there :thumbsup:

I have a Refine MH1351 myself, and design in Corel X3 then cut using SignBlazer.

I run XP and connect via RS232 on Com1 (serial not USB)

Love it! 

I'm sure we can get you up on SignBlazer.  Will SignBlazer cut anything like a circle or square generated within the program, or are you just having trouble when importing your files from X4?

If you change your program to .DXF you can cut directly from Corel.

Just make shure your line is set at the thinnest dimension.

Bob Bigart

As has been mentioned it is possible to cut dirrectly from Corel however that provideds you with very little control over your plotter.

Curious why you would prefer to cut straight from corel? While doing so of course is an inexpensive option you have little control over your plotter. With programs such as Co-Cut, Signtools or Signcut (the company I work for) you have so much more control over your plotter than just using a printer driver to send to your plotter.

Unsolicited sales pitch/commercial to follow

www.sc-x2.com and www.signcutpro.com (our newest version available here)

Export plugins available for CorelDraw, Illustrator and Inkscape

Available for Windows and Mac OS X

Cut by colour and any colour combination

Software knife-blade offset compensation

Automatic tiling / panelling with optional overlap

Manual tiling / panelling with optional overlap

Communicates with most devices (COM/LPT/USB/TCP-IP)

Drivers for over 440 plotters / cutters, and growing

Plotter / cutter size calibration

Automatic stacking and placement on the vinyl

Scale to any size

Scale image based on object (indispensable when repairing signs)

Internal file-format works seamlessly on Windows and Mac OS X

Multilingual , currently supports 19 languages

Print job information, including tiles and placement in the sign

Rotation and mirroring of the image

Weedinglines & Weedingframe

Registration marks

Step by step cutting (No more vinyl feeding back and forth)

Preview (shows exactly the same data as is sent to the machine)

Testfeed (Prefeeds the vinyl and also checks that tracking is ok)

Supports optical-eye contour cutting on Roland,Graphtec,Mutoh,Summa

Simple Contourcutting, quick and easy contourcutting.

Any Corel X3 or X4 user also gets our corel plugin collection called Signit for serializing, contours, shadows, stripes and more.

Stop by our new site www.signcutpro.com download the new trial drop me an email and I will extend out your try by 30 days to really let you kick the tires. Should you need help configuring it or have any questions you may contact us through our support center as support@sc-x2.com

Signcuts subscription version is designed to allow users to use our soft very inexpensively. You may at anytime purchase a dongled version and never have to have your computer connected to the internet again nor worry about renewing your subscription. I am  sure Ken can offer you a dongled version at a discount from the retail price offered on our website.

Signcuts Longer term subscriptions offer users the option of using our software at as low a price as $3.53 a month. For that expense you also qet free upgrades and support for as long as your subscription is in effect.

;D I'm so glad I joined this forum. I am so confused about which software to buy and I think from what I have read it looks like there is good support here. I am going to download the trial of SignCut and give it a whirl. I only do this as a hobby right now, so I really need to see what I can do with the software before I purchase it. I bought a used US Cutter 300 because my CraftRobo is too small. I'm sure I will miss the optical eye but I have to justify the expense of a larger cutter with an optical eye by learning to use this one. I am also pleased to see that the plug-in for Illustrator is on the website, I DEFINITELY need this. I have a bunch of samples of t-shirt vinyl to try out once I get the SignCut downloaded and installed- for that I'll be checking out that section of the forum.

Much thanks, probably will have lots of questions, but at least I can search this forum first. ;D

Don't pass up trying the Signblazer Elements - it also has some nice design capability - but that's handy too. 

I really like it and there is a whole section on the forum devoted to it.

-Mike

Don't pass up trying the Signblazer Elements - it also has some nice design capability - but that's handy too. 

-Mike

ditto

-Mike

ditto

I have to agree as well, when I first got signblazer with my pcut I hated it! I mean I really hated it...lol. Now its several months later and I think its the next best thing next to sliced bread...lol. You would be amazed at what it can do...lol.

Renee

Not very impressed with the Flexi Starter , huh Renee ?  :thumbsup:

I have only used SignBlazer. It came with my cutter and I found it easy to learn and had all of the features that I wanted. I guess I have never really wanted to try others.

SBE is a good basic program to design AND cut from... which is a nice feature compared to other programs such as SignCut.

I think the more involved a person gets into this industry... the more they are going to need AND want something better.

I was blessed to get a great deal on Flexi Pro 8.1, and at first I came going back to SBE cause I knew it, and how to work the features... but now that I have gotten some of the basic stuff down with Flexi, OMG... it blows SBE out of the water.

I think trying new cutting programs is a sickness.  I must confess, I am infected badly!!  What is special about flexi? Doing something in flexi as opposed to SBE what makes it better?  Is it ease of use?  Ability to do things you can't do in SBE?  Better output?

-Mike

I downloaded the trial of SignCut Pro and installed the Illy plug-in. It worked seamlessly for me. I design in Illy and send to SignCut Pro smoothly. Of course, I am just starting with vinyl cutting and may be missing the big picture here, but should I even try SBE if this seems to work fine? I mean, what are the advantages of SBE over Illustrator and SignCut?

Thanks.

Guest round2racing

My laserpoint came with SBE, but I really wish it had come with flexi-start.  I like SBE, don't get me wrong, but after reading everyone's posts, it seems like Flexi is a GREAT program.

But, I am stuck with it, might as well get used to it, because I am NOT paying big money for a cutting program that I may not even like once I get it.

Yes, I'm a woman and wishy-washy....... :o

I downloaded the trial of SignCut Pro and installed the Illy plug-in. It worked seamlessly for me. I design in Illy and send to SignCut Pro smoothly. Of course, I am just starting with vinyl cutting and may be missing the big picture here, but should I even try SBE if this seems to work fine? I mean, what are the advantages of SBE over Illustrator and SignCut?

Thanks.

I don't thnk there would be an advantage to you. I think the advantage of Signblazer is more geared toward someone who has not used another design program. Illy has tons of features that you will not use with vinyl cutting and it takes some time to learn. SignBlazer is very simple and geared just towards cutting vinyl. If you already know Illy I think I would stick with it. If you are just getting started and want an inexpensive way in Signblazer is a good way to go.

Not very impressed with the Flexi Starter , huh Renee ?  :thumbsup:

Hey Rodger!

Flexi Starter is just what it says...STARTER. You cant really do much within the program. You have to spend the BIG BUCKS in order to get all of the cool features of Flexi, and really who has 2500 to spend on a program? LOL!! Not me thats for sure! So I hunkered down and learned my way around SBE, Still got alot to learn but I'm learning as I go. My hubby is sending me corel draw so hopefully I can pick that up with not alot of difficulty. We will see. I did send you a PM Rodger just before I read this lol. I am pretty satisfied with Sign Blazer for now but I am going to check out sign cut, like someone else said, I have a sickness, I like to try out different programs especially if they have a full working trial.

Renee

Renee ,

SignCut is a great cutting tool . You can put weedlines anywhere vertical & horizontal that you wish . Makes some fonts & shapes MUCH easier to weed . I have another year on my SignCut license , but have not used it much ( I changed computers & have not installed it on this 1 yet  :thumbsup: ) I'm going to do that soon , hopefully . Member Kimon said there is a free SignCut trial , you should try that  :o .

Rodger