Sign in to follow this  
OZZIEIMAC

OPENING EPS FILE INTO SIGN BLAZER -FILE ATTACHED

Hello All,

Hope you are all doing well considering the economic times ahead.

Would like some assistance on the following file.

For some reason i cannot get this file to open in Sign Blazers trial version software? I have opened a few EPS file's in the past with no problem....... :thumbsup:

Can anyone lend a hand to resolving my issue?

Cheers,

Ozziemac

Hello Sailor !

Appreciate your help and yes the file opened in sblazer.......You have done well.

Can you explain the process in further detail on how you converted the file.I'm sure this will come again and at least i will know how to handle it rather than annoy you .......

Thanks again ! :P

Ozziemac

Well....First I tried to open in SignBlazer and it would not open, Most likely some formatting or a font file included in the original file that SignBlazer could not handle. I think that Illustrator CS3 or CS4 files will do that. I'm not sure. :P

I then tried Gimp (open source Free)  to open it. (just to see if someone changed the file extension and not the file itself.) No luck there, but found out it was in pfd format.

I then opened it in IrfanView (a free program) and saw that there was a underlying file that could be used. I didn't use IrfanView to convert it though as it is a raster program and the file was already a vector file.

I then opened it up in Scribus (Open source http://www.scribus.net/). This is a good file converting program. I could see that the text was not converted to path in this program but the program will not convert to path so I exported it to a svg file and opened it in Inkscape (open source).

I converted the text to path in Inkscape and saved as eps file. :P

Well....First I tried to open in SignBlazer and it would not open, Most likely some formatting or a font file included in the original file that SignBlazer could not handle. I think that Illustrator CS3 or CS4 files will do that. I'm not sure. :P

I then tried Gimp (open source Free)  to open it. (just to see if someone changed the file extension and not the file itself.) No luck there, but found out it was in pfd format.

I then opened it in IrfanView (a free program) and saw that there was a underlying file that could be used. I didn't use IrfanView to convert it though as it is a raster program and the file was already a vector file.

I then opened it up in Scribus (Open source http://www.scribus.net/). This is a good file converting program. I could see that the text was not converted to path in this program but the program will not convert to path so I exported it to a svg file and opened it in Inkscape (open source).

I converted the text to path in Inkscape and saved as eps file. :P

And on the seventh day........

And on the seventh day........

It didn't take as long to do it as it took to type it.

All the programs I used where open source (free).

At least I didn't have to reboot in Linux and do it with scripts like some of the files I use. I did a batch conversion of sid files one time that took 30 hours. Some of the files I use are 10 to 20 meg with some over 50 meg. Just resizing some of them takes a few min on a real fast computer with maxed out ram. I have a 21meg eps file if you want to try to cut it.  :P SignBlazer opens it but I have yet to try to cut it. :P

Thanks Sailorpat,

You are a wealth of information.Hope one day i can share information like this to help another member.

I guess i am still learning........

Appreciated your feedback.

Cheers,

Ozzieimac ;)