Sign in to follow this  
forsalevinylsigns

laserpoint cuts fine on right side of vinyl and not on the left side,help please

Hello Everyone! I got a 48'' laserpoint here and for some reason it cuts correctly on the right side of the vinyl and on the left side of the vinyl it doesn't. For example, if i cut a circle on the right side, it cuts it perfect, but the circle on the left side of the vinyl looks like an egg or a very deformed circle. The circles are sent in a series(several circles sent at the same time) Iam using an 0.25 offset, 110 preassure, and the blade is brand new. Please help me guys, Thanks!

-Gio

plotter-1.jpg

Set offset to 0 and try again.

Is the white cutterstrip smooth?

Is the white cuuterstrip fully seated in the frame?

Try and let us know,

Paco

how ever many rollers you cutter comes with, use them all. if it's going askew then it sounds like a tracking problem, does it seem that way to you?

how ever many rollers you cutter comes with, use them all. if it's going askew then it sounds like a tracking problem, does it seem that way to you?

Yeah, I hope there is a roller behind the carriage in that pic..

Try engaging the center roller first, then smoothing the vinyl out towards the edges (with the machine on) and then engage the outer rollers.

Hello I am having the same problem one side is perfect the other of off somewhat. This is made the most obvious when doing a countour cut test. The outline on one side is off and perfect on the other. Did you ever find out how to fix that issue?

Too much blade exposed from the blade holder, and pressure on the cutter not set high enough.

Document in Instructional Contributions section about setting each correctly.

Too much blade exposed from the blade holder, and pressure on the cutter not set high enough.

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your reply even though this inst my topic. I am experiencing this issue with the plotter pen and blade. The pressure seems adequate. Maybe I am misinterpreting the real issues of the original poster. But my cuts are off on one side and perfect on the other. I.E countour cut is perfect on one side and on the other its off by about 2-3 millimeters. Lasers have been dialed in on registration marks perfectly. Blade settings seem to be dialed in as I tested this but doing a test cut over a circle with a cross hairs in the middle. Pen was so perfect I couldn't even see where it drew the lines initially because it traced it so perfectly. ( closer examination showed that the blade was down and did draw a line over the printed image ... just to clarify). This seems to be some kind of tracking issue. And as I stated before approx 1/2 the graphic was traced with the same precision as the test and the other half is off . Oh and I am also experiencing unclosed cuts as well but I am not as concerned as I believe this may be a workspace issue.Ii figured i would mention that as well as it may be related.

Could you offer any advice or point to an article that addresses this issue? As I feel that your suggestion is possibly addressing another issue. If not my bad!

Oh And here is an example of what i am experiencing. As you can see the trace is barely visible on the left side as it is tracing perfectly . As the image goes to the right the trace is off somewhat. I hope this pic helps you understand my description.

Thanks

Sheister

post-5343-12986538927971_thumb.jpg

post-5343-12986538941454_thumb.jpg

Hello Ken,

Thanks for your reply even though this inst my topic. I am experiencing this issue with the plotter pen and blade. The pressure seems adequate. Maybe I am misinterpreting the real issues of the original poster. But my cuts are off on one side and perfect on the other. I.E countour cut is perfect on one side and on the other its off by about 2-3 millimeters. Lasers have been dialed in on registration marks perfectly. Blade settings seem to be dialed in as I tested this but doing a test cut over a circle with a cross hairs in the middle. Pen was so perfect I couldn't even see where it drew the lines initially because it traced it so perfectly. ( closer examination showed that the blade was down and did draw a line over the printed image ... just to clarify). This seems to be some kind of tracking issue. And as I stated before approx 1/2 the graphic was traced with the same precision as the test and the other half is off . Oh and I am also experiencing unclosed cuts as well but I am not as concerned as I believe this may be a workspace issue.Ii figured i would mention that as well as it may be related.

Could you offer any advice or point to an article that addresses this issue? As I feel that your suggestion is possibly addressing another issue. If not my bad!

Oh And here is an example of what i am experiencing. As you can see the trace is barely visible on the left side as it is tracing perfectly . As the image goes to the right the trace is off somewhat. I hope this pic helps you understand my description.

Thanks

Sheister

Have you adjusted the redeye offset values in SBE to see if it helps?

OK,

This offset cut (pen or knife) can be the result of the printout not 100% the same (shrunk) as the original cut file.

I have struglled with that in the beginning with printouts that came from a solvent based printer.

With Signcut X2 (old version) I also had to compensate for difference in printout and cut file.

Since the PRO version of X2 it compensates for difference in print and cut in X and Y axis.

I can asure you once you used it for contour cut you will like it.

I do not use SBE for contour cut so I cant advise on that.

Remember that when using a plotter pen the software OFFSET needs to be 0.

When you use knife you need to set it to 0.25 mm or what ever the kinfes offset is.

Let us know if this is of any help.

Paco

Hello Ken , Yes I have adjusted the settings for red eye offset. This is how I was able to draw the crosshairs perfectly within the circle. Though I must admit I wasn't able to find anything in the help file that explained what which setting did exactly. Trial and error was how I was able to dial it in. After posting the  pic I kept experimenting through the night and was able to detect another contributing factor which did greatly improve but not totally resolve the issue. The problem was the edge/top of the paper was cut unevenly So I took this into account when jogging up the lasers and this got me very close to perfection. But I am still about 1 millimeter or a bit less off. Any suggestions?? The pics show the latest drawing. Again in the beginning its perfect especially the "X". But as it goes down it starts to loose its accuracy. Of course doing a graphic like this the variance is more than tolerable. My concern is that is the variance seems to increase as the drawing proceed down. This leads me to believe that on a far larger graphic the variance will be way outside of the image. The variance is difficult to see in the first pic. I enlarged the portion in the second pic so it can be more easily seen. Thanks again for all your help! :lol:

post-5343-1298653893628_thumb.jpg

post-5343-12986538936617_thumb.jpg

post-5343-12986538946796_thumb.jpg

post-5343-12986538946882_thumb.jpg

OK,

This offset cut (pen or knife) can be the result of the printout not 100% the same (shrunk) as the original cut file.

I have struglled with that in the beginning with printouts that came from a solvent based printer.

With Signcut X2 (old version) I also had to compensate for difference in printout and cut file.

Since the PRO version of X2 it compensates for difference in print and cut in X and Y axis.

I can asure you once you used it for contour cut you will like it.

I do not use SBE for contour cut so I cant advise on that.

Remember that when using a plotter pen the software OFFSET needs to be 0.

When you use knife you need to set it to 0.25 mm or what ever the kinfes offset is.

Let us know if this is of any help.

Paco

Thanks paco for your advise. I have the offset at 0 for the pen. I thought that the printed image through SBE could be larger slightly than what the plotter thinks it is. If this is the case, can anybody advise on how to adjust for the print size? I checked the help file in SBE and there isnt anything there. Thanks again. I was considering Sign Cut and I downloaded the trial. I was messing around with it and for the life of me I couldnt find an Undo function. I searched the Sign Cut help file and found nothing regarding an undo function. That was it for me. Unless I was looking in the wrong place. I must say the SBE interface is very intuitive and I am very happy with it so far.

Thanks Again

Sheister

I do not think SBE wil enlarge or reduce the pritn size.

Do not know about SBE use corelX4 only, sorry.

You could ask in SBE thread for this.

Why do you need an UNDO function.

What do you like to UNDO in SC?

See the signcut thread for the fixed links to how to contour cut.

The sample files are inside the SC folder on your pc.

Did you doenlaod the SC PRO version?

Let me know if I can help anyway.

Paco

I do not think SBE wil enlarge or reduce the pritn size.

Do not know about SBE use corelX4 only, sorry.

You could ask in SBE thread for this.

Why do you need an UNDO function.

What do you like to UNDO in SC?

See the signcut thread for the fixed links to how to contour cut.

The sample files are inside the SC folder on your pc.

Did you doenlaod the SC PRO version?

Let me know if I can help anyway.

Paco

An undo function is very useful if you set something to the incorrect setting but forgot what the original settings were. I am fairly good with SBE and I use undo all the time. If things just don't go my way I can undo all the way back to the beginning. Its like the ultimate reset button. My Signcut has expired and I don't think I will be purchasing it. It probably is a better program , but the user interface not as intuitive as SBE and this will turn off some ppl like me. I am not sure if I downloaded the pro version or not. Thanks for all you help. Oh and you said you use corel x4 , does that work with laserpoint?? Or do you just design in corel and import to Sign Cut??

Thanks for you help

Sheister

I design all in Corel X4.

When ready I send it to Signcut.

Signcut is a print (plug in) program not a design program for inkscape, illustrator and corel draw.

And I 99% use SC for contour cut only.

So you do not need a undo button in SC!

I work with a laserpoint machien for the contour cut.

Many people misunderstand that SC is a full deisgn and print program.

SBE is a design and print program.

I know it can do contour cut, but cant compare if it iseaier or not then SC.

Regards, paco

Oh Ok then I may purchase sign cut for countour cutting on your recomendation. though my coutour cutting with SBE has improved, it hasnt reached near enough to perfection for me to feel comfortable using it on important designs.  thankyou so much for all your suggestions and advice.

if you ever need anything please dont hesitate to let me know

Sheister

First let me preface this by saying that I have never contour cut in my life.

However is it possible that the calibration for the x and y axis is off?  For my refine I recently was having a problem when cutting for say a 6x6 inch square it would be 6" by like 5.9 inches, doesn't seem like a big deal on cut vinyl but I saw some ellipses and thin lines that were not cut right until I adjusted things in the software I am using (flexi) to compensate for it being off that slight bit.  Its possible something like this is causing the problem?  It would seem like a possibility.

In case you XY is off, read this thread first for sorting all newbie problem in one row stpe by step.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,17489.0.html

The new bie doc takes also care of XY correct setting of MACHINE not software only.

Reason for XY of MACHINE being correct that is will be correct in all cutting softwarfe not just one :-)

Paco