Sign in to follow this  
#D-zine#

Well, couple of my first things

I have done more reading then I have done messing around with this cutter.  haha  Anyway, I finally got the bug and whipped up a few things.  Got the general idea how evrything works, now playing around with all the cutter setting and using up all the vinyl trying.  ;D  I have bought etching equipment, blasters and have yet to get a heat transfer for shirts, but I am already having a blast with this stuff!

The first one is a quick decal for my teenage daughter I did real quick the other night. 

th_100_2323.jpg

This was just done this morning as my fiancee decided to go to a birthday party for a set of one year old twins and needed something as a gift.  10 min. prep and about 15 to cut and weed.  She decided to go at the very last min...had to hurry.  haha

th_100_2340.jpg

And while she was gone I designed this and attempted my first 2-color.  Not bad for my 3rd graphic I guess.  Learned that I will be ordering some good paper type transfer.  Also, had to use the 6" transfer tape I have in layers.  Did not really like that at all.  Yes, I know I didn't need all those reference points.  :(  Of course, only ended up using the ones on the end and them were even too close to the end of the graphic.  I will probably be redoing the window logo because I tried it dry and got to many little air bubbles.  Not to my liking, but what better practice then on your own stuff right!

th_100_2345.jpg

th_100_2352.jpg

Please let me know what you guys think.  Oh, and don't worry about the website in the window.  I just got the domain so there isn't a website yet.  Going to get that ASAP!

Thanks

Just finished this wedding gift for a buddy who is getting married in May.   :thumbsup:

Anyway, used etch cream and black shine right vinyl.  10$ mirror from the dollar store!  Looks like I get by with the cheap gift! :thumbsup:

th_100_2375.jpg

Thanks everyone.

I figure they will want to hang it right behind their little bar setup.  Should look great!  Maybe even get a gallery type light or something for it also.

d-zine,

i saw something from a company online called Outwater Plastics. It's alight you can put inside the edge of a picture frame that lights the edge of the glass and makes it glow. That would look absolutely killer on your Mirror. I cannot remember which section I saw in, and I am not gonna look, it's like 900 pages. But it's neat device.

It's http://www.outwatercatalogs.com/, a monster place with everything I ever thought I could need for my house and some for work. No I don't work for them, or promote for them

Thanks, I will take a look at that for sure.  :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

Can you (or anyone) tell me what fonts you used for the mirror?  I'd like to make a similar one for my sister's upcoming wedding ... Thanks!

I'm sorry, I have been super busy.

The large P was done with "Glasholm" and the name was "Gaelic Condensed."

Just finished this wedding gift for a buddy who is getting married in May.   :P

Anyway, used etch cream and black shine right vinyl.  10$ mirror from the dollar store!  Looks like I get by with the cheap gift! :P

th_100_2375.jpg

The $ isn't what matters it's the thought,I bet this will be a special gift..

Yeah, I really enjoy making things rather then going to the store.

Thanks!

My friends and family get all my bloopers from my crafting and they love them and I need the practice.

Guest kenya

Never use the word "cheap"..... it's an "inexpensive" gift- :lol:.

Great job  :rolleyes:.

I'm not so sure inexpensive is the right word either. I was looking today for a mirror something along the line of what was used by D-zine. Some Friends of ours are getting married next Sat. The ones that looked Wedding nice, i found were on sale for $35. Then I thought I would look for some etching cream to use instead of trying out my sandblaster on something I need in a week, and it was $20 for a bottle the size of a Tylenol bottle. SO it's looking like maybe our friends are gettin' a Dollar General Mirror $10, ugly frame, with the design Sandblasted on , then add some fancy vinyl lettering like D's.